Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems

jono
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 7

Problems

Hi I posted here a few days ago, Long story but hope theirs light at the end of the tunnel,My phone went of all together, no dial tone and very bad crackling on the line, if I phoned from mobile to my home number it was engaged, BT engineer came out and found the main BT socket needed replacing ( only have one, no extensions just phone filter and cable to router )

I found once fixed that using the internet was like wading through treacle, speeds very erratic, I have done the filter and everything I could think of and found it is the Router ( new one from plusnet in November 2014) about the 3rd or 4th altogether. I was lucky I kept one of the old ones so I fitted it , problems solved its the Thompson TG585 V8.

I went into the router just to check and found some of the results look wearied to me, I must say one of the plusnet team reset the line with having so much bother, My estimated line speed has gone down was 21 now 19mb, 

Uptime: 0 days, 0:13:54
DSL Type: G.992.5 annex A
Maximum Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 1,244 / 24,008
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 1,244 / 21,493 < This was allway 24mb
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]: 3.37 / 22.31
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.0 / 17.0 < this has gone from 00.0 to 17
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 1.0 / 2.0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 6.0 / 6.5 < this was allways about 3.5 to 4.5
Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / IFTN
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0

Sorry its long winded but I have tried to give a picture of the  trouble I have had, I was before this trouble getting really good speeds always about 19.4 to 20.5mbps and up loads of about 1mbps, I only live about a 100 mtrs from exchange, could someone advise or reset something that will put it back to  normal.

If not do I need to raise a ticket?, Not happy about the routers they supply.

regards

jono

4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Problems

Hi Jono,

I've just been running some checks and can't see any obvious issues. I can see you've reported a fault though so we'll reply to that ASAP.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jono
Aspiring Pro

Unfortunately Adam i have had to replace filters check cables and so on, which disconnects internet off and back on again. I can see a difference in some of my settings in the router, the one i have fitted now cured my web page and other problems.
If you need more information let me know please
Jono
jono
Aspiring Pro

Hi, Bit more info, dont know if it helps, got this when checking which gateway I was on

Sorry, the tool failed to identify your gateway; this does not mean that anything is wrong with your connection.

Posting the following information as a reply to the Gateway Checker Issues topic in the Community forums will help us to diagnose the problem.

• core2-hu0-18-0-0.colindale.ukcore.bt.net (62.172.103.16) 5.262 ms

This bit in router has gone back to what it was

output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.0 / 17.0 < this has gone from 00.0 to 17

Apart from that its line speed dropped to 18 and Bandwidth reading down

Hope it helps

regards

Jono

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

It's nothing to do with the gateway, your sync speed has dropped slightly because the noise margin has increased, probably when you changed the router. If you restart the router tomorrow morning in daylight hours you may get a better speed. Some people would be delighted to get 2Mbps on their long line which is about the speed you have lost, you are lucky to be so close to the exchange and getting near the maximum speed possible.Roll_eyes