cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems, yet again.

Warrinja
Dabbler

Problems, yet again.

I am once again, having issues with my internet that render it entirely unusable for vast chunks of time at any given time.
I use my computer primarily for gaming on a night, and have done for a considerable amount of time, except I keep getting massive lag spikes, constant disconnects, both in game, the internet in general and voice programs like Skype, ive had my line uncapped and various other things but its not making any difference, ive tried a new router, new cables, etc etc and its just terrible, is there anything at all that can be done to actually make my line usable, Im currently paying for the unlimited service but actually getting a very limited service indeed.
5 REPLIES 5
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Problems, yet again.

Looking at your line and the usage, are you sure it's not that the connection is being used for downloads or other activity when you're seeing the problems? The usage on a line running at the speed of yours is quite high.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Do you have the Pro add on? If so that could be causing issues.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Warrinja
Dabbler

Is it not a good idea to have both the pro addon and the unlimited service? and the line is used for downloads and other high usage activities but not at the sort of times I'm experiencing issues.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Definitely not a good idea.
Without the add on gaming, VoIP and streaming all have a higher priority than other downloads and so the other downloads should slow down first. With the Pro add on the other downloads will not all be a lower priority and so may affect the time critical tasks.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Warrinja
Dabbler

Ah ok, thanks for the quick update, and once again, continued support on these forums, will remove the addon and see if anything improves, thanks again Smiley