cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with router?

Pretender
Grafter

Problems with router?

Hello I have just renewed my plus.net and replaced my old home hub 2 type a has the problem where it disconnects now and again , with the plus.net alternative which started out okay set it up waited 15 mins I tried to load a page it asked me to enter my account / password lovely jubbly worked for like 1 hrs was watching some YouTube and it all stopped and since then I have been trying to sort it out , all are flashing apart from the Internet which isn't doing anythIng and power Is just green . I have tried resetting and the reset twice, after easy reset I have logged into the Thompson page and reentered my log in details to no avail I have tried my old home hub which I can't seem to get onto the home hub page to actually change the password and check. Anyone know the problem I have the Thompson tg585 v8 Windows 7
11 REPLIES 11
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Problems with router?

Hi there,
That sounds a lot like an intermittent sync issue. Is the router plugged into the master socket (the phone socket where the line enters your premises)? If so, please unplug all other items from the line and see if that lets you connect again. If not, raise this to us as a fault at http://faults.plus.net and we'll get it investigated for you, if not please plug things back in one by one and check the router after each - it's most likely interference from something plugged in, possibly without a microfilter.
Hope that helps,
Pretender
Grafter

Well it's a bit weird all I have is the one connection no phone on the line also I don't know if it's the same thing on my old router it would just turn of when I would be loading web pages then turn back on and keep doing this then I would leave it and come back and it would be fine, I'll try the spare microfilter and pit the items in one by one
Pretender
Grafter

Okay I have tried it on two Thompson tg 585 v8 and both are doing the same thing Internet blank broadband/ Ethernet/wireless flashing  and power button just green , just updating just incass someone has had this problem and knows the cause , hmm and I turned my Pc off now the Ethernet button has turned off and the wireless is flashing alot less. I have sent in a fault form I hope they know what is wrong it was working fine for 1 hour.
Pretender
Grafter

Just an update maybe someone knows what's happening , I have tried three routers1 bt home hub  and 2 thompson tg 585 v8 all I have put my login details in.
This morning I have tried different microfilters though when I take the wire out of the wall from the router it still flashes nothing changes which is strange not sure what is happening is there a setting on the router to fix this?
Pretender
Grafter

Also when I try to connect it says 'connection could not be established : could not bring up link '
Also I upgraded my package to a old legacy package though if that's the reason they didnt say on the phone and this is annoying me now? Do the people who check faults work on the weekend.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Pretender,
One of our faults agents have picked his up this morning, and after testing has sent it to our suppliers for further investigation.
Jojo Smiley
Pretender
Grafter

Awesome thanks alot.
Pretender
Grafter

Lately I have noticed my iPhone losing connection alot I have checked the wifi in the area and there is BT openzone and BTFON could any of these be effecting my router it's the first time I have noticed these I'm pretty sure this is effecting my phone on 3G.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Pretender,
Try something like inSSIDer. This will enable you to see the wireless channels that have the least traffic on.
Jojo Smiley
Pretender
Grafter

Hmm seems strange like I have been locked . As my log on details are not hand shaking with the phoneline. I havnt asked for a mac code but I have put my number into virgin/BT/sky(my parents are on sky ) to see what speed and what if i can get the internet in my area and cost.I have my own Separate phone line in my room . This is just annoying me I am worried a Engineer will come and find nothing wrong and charge me,
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Pretender,
Having been through the faults process I doubt they'd send an engineer if they didn't think it warranted one.
Jojo Smiley