cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Tecnical support?

dock32

Problems with Tecnical support?

Can I ask if other users are experiencing any difficulties with obtaining any effective action from Plusnet  TS?
My connection has been dropping out intermittently for almost the last three weeks, sometimes for the day at a time, and despite multiple phone calls usually with a wait of 15 minutes, to TS,I do not seem to be any further forward.
I have done everything asked of me by PN,including getting a BT technician out to check the line 2 weeks ago, but still gaining access to the Internet has become a lottery.
The individual people I speak to at TS have been friendly and they have managed to change what was no connection to an intermittent connection,but that doesn't seem to be any urgency, or recognition that a customer might expect a reliable connection.
They insist on sending emails knowing that the problem is no connection so their emails cannot be read, and absolutely nothing appears to happen unless I phone up and badger them.
I know that Plusnet had a reputation for being very good when it first started,
then a reputation for poor customer service,but I thought that in the last few months it was supposed to have picked up again, this does not seem to be the case.
How long does a customer put up with this before asking for their Mac code?
Is this happening to other Plus net customers or am I being very unlucky?
dock32
5 REPLIES 5
James
Grafter

Re: Problems with Tecnical support?

Hi there,
From what I can see, you spoke to one of our guys yesterday and he's arranged for a new router to be sent out to you.  Sadly the timing isn't quite ideal with the current postal strikes, but hopefully it should be with you before too long.
Please do keep us all update as to how you get on with your new router and whether or not it helps to resolve your problem.  I have one of the ones that you've been sent and it was pretty straightforward to set up and mine hasn't dropped yet (after almost a week).
dock32

Have spent another 30mins on the phone to Plus net with no joy. Router arrived today but guess what, its not working!( according to plus net staff) no ADSL light nor even local area network, which at least is on with the old router. So now for another router (eventually) from Plus net. 3 weeks today since a consistant internet connection, and unfortunately that does not seem to be a record.
Didn`t think I could be a more dissatisfied customer,but Plus net has proven me wrong again!
dock32
James
Grafter

Hi Dock32,
I'm really sorry that things have been going on like this for so long.
From what I understand, the replacement router you receiving was gaining synchronisation with the exchange, but was failing to obtain an ethernet connection to your computer.  It's really unlucky that the one that we sent out appears to be broken!
What was the outcome of the call?  I can see that you are sending back the router, but were you advised on what the next steps are going to be?
dock32

I was told that another router would be sent out ( but we do have postal strikes on) and that the problem would be raised with BT wholesale,but I was also told a router would be sent out in a phone call on Sunday 30/09/07 but this had not been arranged/ordered when I phoned again on Suday 07/10/07, so I do not have a great faith in what I am told at times by Plusnet, and that things only happen if I badger PlusNet
The router as far as I know was not gaining synchronisation with the exchange, we did not get that far, in the testing process and the DSL light and local area network lights  stayed steadfastly orange.
If Plusnet cannot fix this problem I just wish they would tell me so I can start the Broadband process again with another ISP.
dock32
James
Grafter

Hi again,
We need to prove if it is definitely the router at fault, hence needing to make sure that you have a working router to test.
I know it's a real pain and I'm sorry that it is causing you so many issues, but if you could possibly bear with us, I'd be hopeful that we can get this fixed for you.