Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with IPlayer & Unlimited & Value

Tsonga
Grafter

Problems with IPlayer & Unlimited & Value

Hello!
We moved to Unlimited today, and have not been able to watch BBC IPlayer since. We get a message saying we don't have enough bandwidth, but when we run their diagnostics test, we are doing fine. And we never had any problems before switching to Unlimited. Any ideas?
Cheers  Smiley
jim:blue Title changed to cover both value and unlimited mod:end
148 REPLIES 148
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Problems with IPlayer & Unlimited

I've been fine with it, though others have been reporting issues. Are you on the ADSL2+ trial?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Tsonga
Grafter

No, I'm not on the trial.
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Hmm I was watching wimbledon ok earlier on this evening - though Jim was having issues watching it.
Not sure what to suggest Sad
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
scootie
Grafter

adie do ya reckon its time to move my thread out of adsl2+ dats oldjim an now this OP thats appear to have the problem i did.
blue can you run a wireshark an tell us what bbc iplayer is picked up as on your account plz looking for incoming packets of iplayer traffic in the red circle on my screen cap plz
ps the cap is actual of tvcatchup as example it will do
download wireshark http://www.wireshark.org/
an how to here http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/troubleshooting/wireshark.shtml
Tsonga
Grafter

I managed to watch Wimbledon on high quality (that's direct from the BBC website) most of the time, although there were a few issues, which I assumed were caused by my children using IPlayer downstairs. However, they're all in bed now, and IPlayer is not working. They told me they couldn't watch IPlayer earlier on because of my tennis! They had the same message about not enough bandwidth... But now at 10pm I am trying to watch Nick Cave with no success!
We changed our package precisely so that we could stream without worrying about going over our monthly limit, so it would be nice if it could work! Otherwise, we'll have to change back!  Smiley
pierre_pierre
Grafter

not blaming you, but trying to stream HD in the evening with this status out is going to be nigh impossible on any package  http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1245687396.htm  they claim that Iplayer has priority, but Oldjim and Asbo would diagree
Tsonga
Grafter

Quote from: ASBO
adie do ya reckon its time to move my thread out of adsl2+ dats oldjim an now this OP thats appear to have the problem i did.
blue can you run a wireshark an tell us what bbc iplayer is picked up as on your account plz looking for incoming packets of iplayer traffic in the red circle on my screen cap plz
ps the cap is actual of tvcatchup as example it will do
download wireshark http://www.wireshark.org/
an how to here http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/troubleshooting/wireshark.shtml

Ok, give me five minutes as I am trying to understand what you are asking me to do. Will get back to you.
scootie
Grafter

k just shout if ya get stuck but the PN how to should get through. what iam trying to see is if any of iplayer programs on your account are picked up as 0x60 where it says 0x80 on my screen cap in the red circle
Tsonga
Grafter

Quote from: pierre_pierre
not blaming you, but trying to stream HD in the evening with this status out is going to be nigh impossible on any package  http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1245687396.htm  they claim that Iplayer has priority, but Oldjim and Asbo would diagree

Yeah yeah, I'm aware of that but it was working very well most of the time (I mean the Murray match in High Quality). Not complaining about that. It's now on iplayer. I'm not even asking for high quality, just normal will do fine.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Just done another check and it is fine from 88.221.26.103 and 0x80
The only thing I can think is that at peak demand times the BBC offloads the stream to Akamai or similar and Plusnet categorize it as 0x06 and it all goes to pot.
If this is the case the users who connected before demand picked up got one of the BT servers but the latecomers got Akamai
scootie
Grafter

is that a diffrent ip range from before then oldjim. maybe bbc has increased ips for the tennis
Tsonga
Grafter

Do I close everything or do I run iplayer when running Wireshark?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I didn't check the last time but looking back at my previous posts
0x60 on 86.53.218.149
0x60 on 92.122.211.53
0x60 on 92.122.210.62
0x80 on a 213 series
0x80 on 88.221.26.103
Tsonga
Grafter

Ok did the capture, although typically it was working fine at that point!  Angry
It's saved on my desktop. What do I do next?