cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Broadband.

SimonFiction

Problems with Broadband.

I've currently got no broadband, went down sometime on either Sunday night or Monday morning i can't quite remember and since then i've been able to use all of ~10 minutes worth of internet during my time at home, despite being home for 8+ hours a day. Currently unable to work from home too, which is a huge inconvenience to me.

I opened a ticket yesterday at 7am, 10 minutes after i opened it i got a response saying they were running tests and it came back, but i'd just finished 10 hours of work with a 1 hour commute home and went to bed, awoke to find it down again and it hasn't come back since, no new responses to my ticket (177623550).

Annoyingly this all started right after you took a payment from me, and losses of service for 4-12 hours are a regular occurrence, far more than my previous supplier by a factor of at least 5.

Anyway, i'm miffed as i'm sure you can tell.

7 REPLIES 7
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Problems with Broadband.

Hi there.

Broadband tests are showing your router out of sync to the exchange and we can definitely see the drops:

However line tests are struggling to complete/identify the cause of the problem, so I've reported this through to BTwholesale to investigate further.

We should have an update within the next 24-72 hours. In the meantime, I'd try the steps Here to rule out any internal wiring issues affecting your connection as this is usually one of the big causes of connection problems.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
SimonFiction

My internet came back up ~15 minutes ago, eerily similar to it coming up moments after the last time it was checked. Unfortunately i'm about to go to bed again having not long gotten in from work but if i'm reading that graph right it looks like when they started it up yesterday after the checks it lasted ~2hours. 

Hopefully it lasts until i wake up so i can at least try and work from home with it being Friday and all. 

Thanks for your time.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @SimonFiction.

I'm pleased to hear that your broadband is up and running at the moment. Hopefully it will continue working so that you're able to carry out your work. If not, I would recommend that you run through the troubleshooting checks that @Gandalf has linked.

We'll be back in touch once we've received an update on the fault from our suppliers. Please don't hesitate to get back in touch if there's anything that you'd like to discuss in the meantime.

Regards,
Emily

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
SimonFiction

Just to update you once more before i go to bed, i lost internet for a few minutes after having it up and running for what must have been 2 hours. During that downtime i moved it from my extension to the master socket and when it rebooted i had internet, i'd love to keep an eye on it like i have done this morning but i best be good and get some sleep.

I'll post again before i go to work later, probably around ~6/7pm, here's hoping it stays up till then so i can comfortably and confidently work from here lol.

Thanks for all the help.

edit: Oops nvm it went down 5 minutes later, definitely have to stop looking at it or i'll never fall asleep lol.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @SimonFiction,

I'm sorry to hear that it dropped out again - please let us know if you continue to experience this issue later.

I hope that you manage to get some sleep! Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
SimonFiction

6 - Uptime:

0 days 05:47:01

I've not actually checked if this router tracks the time it's had broadband or simply the time it's turned on for, my old router the uptime indicated the amount of time it's had a broadband collection, but either way i'm going to roll the dice and work from home this evening.

I've left it plugged into the master socket overnight, woke up several times due to the heat and appeared to always have internet access. Moments ago i moved it from my master socket back to my extension and i get no broadband, so i'd imagine that indicates a fault with that on my end.

Shame really as that runs under my floor and is right where i want it to be but my master socket is behind furniture lol but oh well.

I guess my next question would be, is there any reason why i shouldn't just leave this plugged into my master socket whilst i order and wire another extension? 

Thanks again for the help.

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Hello @SimonFiction,

Thanks for getting in touch. There shouldn't be any reason why you cant leave the router in the master socket, unless it is a safety hazard.

Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team