cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems - since Plus.net upgrade of speed, DG834V4 & FVS318V3 not connecting

ChrisCR

Problems - since Plus.net upgrade of speed, DG834V4 & FVS318V3 not connecting

Plus.net upgraded my service (well the whole town I think) and I do now have a slightly fasted download 6.5MBits and the upload is now about 660KBits.
BUT since the upgrade my modem/router combination will not connect, I have had to change router Angry
Also and very strangely my caller ID only works if I plug 2 phones into the line, with just one it doesn't work!
My modem was a Netgear DG834V4 in modem only mode and my router was a Netgear prosafe FVS318V3 using PPPoE
So my question is - what's going on!?
Frankly they should have left it alone, I was happy with it before and now I am not.
I did not ask for the change.
Chris
3 REPLIES 3
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Problems - since Plus.net upgrade of speed, DG834V4 & FVS318V3 not connecting

HI Chris,
Sorry to hear you're having trouble. The changeover shouldn't make any difference at all. Have you tried using the Netgear DG834v4 as a modem/router to see if it connects?
All customers will be moved over onto this technology eventually, as per the email we sent informing you of this on the 20th January, so the change is something we're doing for all our customers bit by bit.
Jojo
ChrisCR

Re: Problems - since Plus.net upgrade of speed, DG834V4 & FVS318V3 not connecting

Hi Jojo,
Yes I have tried the DG834V4 as a modem/router and it connects fine.
I have 2 x FVS318V3 (one in use and one spare) and both were fine before the change, now both will not connect through the DG834V4 in modem only mode using PPPoE
Something has changed.
Odd the caller ID issue at the same time!
I am about 5KM from exchange so was happy with speed I had, the extra bit of upload speed will be useful though.
Chris

jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Chris,
I understand where you're coming from but the fact that it works as a modem/router means that the service is working as it should. I'm flummoxed as to what it could be but the change to ADSL2+ is unlikely to be the culprit.
Jojo Smiley