Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems on product change

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Problems on product change

I see, in these forums, several people reporting speed drops or similar problems when changing (updating or upgrading) PlusNet products.
Is this beyond coincidence?
I recently changed from 'Legacy' Pro to Unlimited (possibly the shortest-lived PN product to date) and suffered disconnections and speed reductions at and since the changeover time.  I am prepared to believe that it was just coincidence in my case but I have found enough examples of similar cases to make me wonder......
Any thoughts?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
6 REPLIES 6
EclipsedMind

Re: Problems on product change

I have expereinced exactly the same issue on doing the same product switch. I have a ticket open which is getting about as much love as Sadam and it basically seems my connection went from running at max speed during free usage to being capped at 500kb all the time. This happened around the product switch which whilst it could be coincidence as the OP said seems odd as others have issues also starting around the same time
the results from my ip profile are:
Estimated line speed:
8 - Checked on 2009-10-05 01:30:50
Current line speed:
from the bt speedtester
Download speedachieved during the test was - 392 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :8128 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 7150 Kbps

TBH I am fed up with it and Be have LLU at my exchange so I think I am going to give them a call.

pierre_pierre
Grafter

given that this is your first posting, I think that you  will find a quicker answer here, give a few days before you jump
EclipsedMind

I phoned up to request a mac code and spoke to a gentleman who listened when I explained what my problem was. He promised to correct my profile (which should in theory resolve my issue) with the correct linespeed and seemed to be saying it was a problem automagically introduced during the product change and arranged a month free while we look to see if it is fixed.
I am happy with the outcome and if the service resumes as it was about a month ago I wil be happy with the product but it is sad that I have to threaten to leave to get a person to act on information in my ticket. I only hope interleaving hasn't crept back onto my line during this issue as it blighted my gaming last year. It seems the forum or phoning for a mac code yield better results than raising tickets which are taking upto 36hrs for replies and it  was apparent in my case the person hadn't read and understood what you said - perhaps staff are just  overworked right now and more capacity on support is needed?
paulby
Grafter

@EclipsedMind
Getting your PN profile changed should resolve your problem - it should match the 7150 that BT are profiling you at. 
Have you checked to see what it's saying now?  If it's still not moved it may be woth PMing Jameseh or one of the other comms team people on here to see if they can kick it in the right direction for you.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

its no excuse on the part of the CSA, but there have been so many complaints on speed since mid Oct that yes they have been overloaded
James
Grafter

Re:Problems on product change

Hi,
Historically, when people used to change product, the Plusnet Profile would automatically be assigned at 2000Kbps.
I'm not sure if this is still the case, but it certainly won't cause any disconnections.