cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems browsing secure sites

mnizi

Problems browsing secure sites

Hi,
My broadband went live with plus net yesterday. My connection seems ok but It seems to be really slow browsing secure sites and quite often times out. This is becoming quite frustrating as I cant do any online banking etc. Unsecure sites are fine and I never had a problem with my previous talktalk connection.
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Problems browsing secure sites

welcome to the forum.
If you were on TalkTalk LLU, you might be slower on PlusNet
The Synch to Broadband has a ten day learning while BT determines the speed at which you can run properly, you should leave your router on for this time at least
do you know if you are on ADSL or ADSL2?
can yiu put your router stats on here for advice,  this tells you how to do it http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.php
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi mnizi,
I've run some diagnostics on your connection and can't see any obvious issues. I can also see that your speeds should be good too. If you are just having this problem with secure sites it could be an issue with your browser and may be worth setting everything back to defaults via the browsers options menu. Let us know if that doesn't help as it may be worth looking at how your firewall software (assuming you use such a thing) is set up.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
mnizi

Hi,
This problem did seem to resolve itself but it has now started happening again. It is only secure sites where I have a problem. I dont believe its an issue with my browser either, I have tried resetting to defaults and using different browsers but it makes no difference. It also happens on multiple pcs as well as my Andorid smartphone.
As it has previously been ok with TalkTalk and was working for a while on plus net I cant see how it can be an issue with any firewall software I have installed, as nothing has changed on any pc and as I mentioned before the same happens on my Andorid phone, which I dont have any firewall on.
Any other ideas?