cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems after fibre extra upgrade

smtk

Problems after fibre extra upgrade

On the 3rd of Sept I opted in for the fibre upgrade option.
I noticed a few line drops on the 3rd evening and figured it was the modem learning the line. However it continued the rest of the night so at midnight i called support (first time). He told me to connect directly to the BT modem for 24hrs before they check anything. Which frankly is fruit of the bull.  My wife an I both work from home from different PCs in different parts of the house. So to loose the internet for either of us is a no no.
I don't need to connect to the BT router to see a problem. I can see the router from my desk i can see BT modem has a steady green light while the Netgear is showing amber. 2nd if seems obvious the problem is related to the switch over. Before the switch i was getting 29Mb and no drops and now its 18Mb with drops.
I have to say I'm super disappointed with customer support. I've just switch from Be There and they were top notch when it came to tracking down problems. Plusnet made a big deal about how good their CS was that's why i picked them when we moved. But it seems they follow just a flow chart written with little common sense
2 REPLIES 2
BRABUS
Grafter

Re: Problems after fibre extra upgrade

stand by your bed, I am sure one of the Plus Net staff will be along shortly to help you.  They are all pretty cool on this forum Smiley
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Problems after fibre extra upgrade

Hi SMTK,
I have checked on the fault you have raised and our fault's team are currently testing your line to see why this has happened. Your ticket has been updated this morning.
If you need me to chase this up or just need an update then please let me know and I will be happy to assist you.
Chris