cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Technicolor TG582n router

David50

Problems Technicolor TG582n router

I have terrible signal strength from this router.  We do not have fibre, just normal Plusnet broadband. 
I have followed advice and tried installing router on incoming phone socket, tried changing channel and also changing power save option to off.  However, this had not changed a thing.  If we walk more than about 3m from the router we loose the signal. 
I am of the opinion this router is faulty and poor quality.
Previously, we had BT broadband and this worked fine.  So my question is, can I use this router instead (BT Home Hub v 3).  If so, what do we have to do?  I have tried phoning customer support, but told have to wait 30 mins.  I would appreciate any help.
5 REPLIES 5
davidwalker900
Grafter

Re: Problems Technicolor TG582n router

i would use your bt home hub 3 and enter your username@plusdsl.net  and pass you have to to phone plusnet  and press connect in admin side
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

David50

Quote from: Oldjim
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/broadband-connection-settings.shtml

Thank you, just followed what you've explained, but when connecting the BT router the WIFI light came on glowing blue, but internet light sadly glowing red.  Followed the connection settings as explained with username and password supplied by Plusnet, but alas internet not working with      BT error code generated and red light still glowing on home hub. 
Went back to technicolor router and this worked, albite with poor signal strength up to 3m from router.  Any ideas?
Kevin
Rising Star

Did you do a factory reset on the HH3 before entering your Plusnet details?
Kevin.
Razorback
Grafter