cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with wifi

millie-rose

Problem with wifi

Hello,

Can you help with a problem with our wifi connection.

It keeps dropping out intermittantly and sometimes is painfully slow (it has dropped out at least three times today)

My daughter cannot get wifi on her iPhone and has to use her mobile data

My son complains that his xbox games lag

We have a smart tv and struggle to watch BBC iPlayer and Netflix due to the connection dropping

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: Problem with wifi

Hey @millie-rose,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your wifi connection and I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

I have checked over your account and ran a few tests on the broadband and telephone services. You are connected and showing in sync at 79.9 Mbps. This is within your estimates as shown here, when you enter your landline number.

I would recommend following the troubleshooting steps here for our wifi solutions and letting us know how you get on.

Thank you.

millie-rose

Hi Mads,

Thanks for your reply.

There is only one entry telephone socket in the house so the router is connected here and this is in the centre of the home (in the hallway)

It isn't near any microwave, bluetooth device, cordless phone etc

I've logged into the Hub Manager and have refreshed the channel selection (but cannot see what channels it is using) and am trying to look at what devices are using the wireless internet.  How do I find out what these are if they have obscure names?

Thanks

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Thanks for getting back to us @millie-rose.

It may be worth trying the broadband user guides here if you are having difficulty changing the channels.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thank you.

millie-rose

Hello,

Done that and it hasn't made a difference.

My son is trying to do homework on his laptop and the connection just keeps dropping out.

It is very frustrating - HELP!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Sorry that you're still having connection issues.

Our tests aren't showing any issues with the broadband signal coming into your router. 

Are you able to try a wired connection? This will help narrow down where the problem lies. It may also be worth trying the steps Here to de-sync the two wireless frequencies as this is known to make wireless connections more stable.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet