Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with sharing media (Serviio, Logitech Media Server) since Joining

sayinla
Dabbler

Problem with sharing media (Serviio, Logitech Media Server) since Joining

Hi All,
Prior to Joining Plusnet about 1 month ago, I was using both O2 and BT broadband and aside from the up to 20MB speed everything worked fine as it should.
I moved my O2 broadband to Plusnet which is fine connection wise however since joining Plusnet my Media sharing has stopped working. I have a media Server Which has my music and Video files which I connect to via the network but this has stopp ed working since.
My Logitech Boom can no longer connect to the media server and prior to switching to Pusnet was working all fine, I ve done a factory reset and reconfigured the Logitech player but still will not see the media server.
Also my Sony Internet Tv normally just pick up Serviio Media sharing service running on the media server but now that has stopped working as well. It wouldn't connect to the media server again,  I ve done a factory reset on this has well to no avail.
I can access internet on both devices but just wouldnt allow any media sharing.
Please any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
5 REPLIES 5
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Problem with sharing media (Serviio, Logitech Media Server) since Joining

This cannot be anything to do with Plusnet per se but presumably when you switched to Plusnet you also switched to using a Plusnet-supplied router? 
sayinla
Dabbler

Yes, Correct, I missed out that very Improtant aspect, I stopped using my O2 router but now use the Technicolour 582n router and that I think is the cause of my problem, maybe something that I need to disable or enable in the router settings?
AndyH
Grafter

Does the media server have a static IP or is it automatically picking up one from the router's DHCP server?
sayinla
Dabbler

It does not have a static one however I have set the device to use the same Ip everytime on the router settings.
AndyH
Grafter

Can you see the Sony TV/Logitech Boom from the profiles section of Serviio?
It might also be a ports issue - is uPNP turned on? I think serviio needs ports TCP 8895 and UDP 1900 open to work.