cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with iPlayer

Ianstuart

Problem with iPlayer

Apologies for posting this here... I must be getting very stupid in my old age, but all I want to do is ask a question by starting a new topic. I joined about 10 mins ago but can't figure out how to Start a New Topic. Seriously, it shouldn't be that hard. There should be an obvious button somewhere that says "start a new topic", but I can't se eit... Help anyone...
Thanks in advance, Ian
[Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) Post relocated and retitled appropriately.
7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: How do I Start a new Topic

Hi, as per my reply to your other thread, its the "new topic" button which appears towards the top right of each section of this forum.
I think you have found it though as you seem to have started a new topic with this particular thread.
Tell me what the nature of your query is and I'll point you to the right section of the forums and where to post etc. Smiley
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Chose an appropriate board relevant to your query from here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php
Click the board title and you will see 'New Topic' at the top of the board.
Click 'New Topic', give it a title in the SUBJECT and add your query in the text box below. Smiley
Edit: Adam squeezed in between us Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Ianstuart

Thanks Adam, found the 'new topic' now....
The query I want to raise is why am I having a problem with BBCi Player content. I've only just got PlusNet broadband and I was really happy with my choice, unitl I encountered a [now recurrent ] problem that the iPlayer content won't work as it thinks I'm outside the UK. This is apparently because PlusNet give me a non-UK IP Address when I log in.
The work-round is that I have to keep turning my router off and on until I'm assigned a UK IP Addy... which is time consuming and annoying...
Any help will be much appreciated
Ian
Strat
Community Veteran

Re: Problem with iPlayer

I believe PN are in the process of sorting out the new IP ranges to be recognised as of UK origin.
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Ianstuart

Thanks for speedy info Strat... I hope it's something they get sorted soon...
Strat
Community Veteran

http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,103581.msg881000.html#msg881000
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Ian,
If you reboot and get an ip range that doesn't begin with 37.XXX that will fix it.
Jojo Smiley
PS. welcome to the forum