cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Safeguard

MW123

Problem with Safeguard

Since changing over to Plusnet I'm unable to deactivate the Safeguard - I have followed the instructions to the letter but I'm getting blocked from sites.

Can someone advise...

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

Re: Problem with Safeguard

Hi,

A warm welcome to the forums. Which sites are you being blocked from accessing? This might not be a safe guarding issue, but rather one of some companies using out of date geolocation data thus believing you are outside of the UK.

Having followed the instructions, have you restarted the router and your device?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there.

From looking at your account, Safeguard does seem to be turned off.

Mind PMing me a screenshot of the page you're seeing when you try to browse the web?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for the screenshot.

I think we've fixed this now. Can you factory reset your router by pushing a pin or paperclip into the reset hole at the back for 10 seconds please and let us know how it goes?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet