cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with 'Create Broadband Your Way'

paulo
Grafter

Problem with 'Create Broadband Your Way'

I'm trying to upgrade from dial-up to broadband but the 'Create Broadband Your Way' button on the Plusnet product page does not go to the option where I can select 1/2/3/4Gbit etc. but only gives me Option 1, Option 2 etc.
I want to select Option 1 with 2Gbit plus the option of 1 extra G at £1 if I need it.
Any help would be apreciated.
Paulo
I can resist everything except temptation.
23 REPLIES 23
mcgurka
Grafter

Re: Problem with 'Create Broadband Your Way'

If you go here http://www.plus.net/residential/broadband/preconfigure.shtml?WT.svl=bbyw_preconfigure
Scroll down to where you see this image:
And click it
It should allow you to pick and choose as much allowance as you need Smiley
Scott
paulo
Grafter

Thank you Scot but that is the button (link) I am refering to as not working as intended.
It gives the right options if you approach it as a 'new customer' but if you get there via a link in a 'referal email' it does not seem to work!!
Anyone help please.
Regards Paulo
James
Grafter

Hi Paulo,
Could you possibly show us the specific link that is presented in the email?
paulo
Grafter

Hi James,
Here is the email referal link. 
http://www.plus.net/myreferrals/new.html/1209356
Paulo
James
Grafter

Hi Paulo,
The link is actually still there.  If you go to the Broadband Your Way page, and then scroll down just past where it says "Further Information about Broadband Your Way" there's a link called "No Broadband Your Way Option to suit you? Create your own!" which will allow you to specify the usage allowances.
paulo
Grafter

As I said above to my reply to Scot, I am aware of that 'Create Broadband Your Way' link and have stated that you cannot get to that link via the referal email link.
If you use the email link it takes you to the Plusnet introduction page, clicking onto 'Broadband from £9.99 Go you get all the options (OK so far) then you click on the 'Create Broadband Your War' you get a drop down box (and this is where it goes wrong) that only gives you Opt 1, Opt 2, etc. If you then choose Opt 1 (for example) it takes you into ordering pages without the facility to choose various amounts od Gbit etc.
Please read this carefully and you will see the subtle difference that bypasses your ability to choose the right amount of Gbit.
Paulo.
James
Grafter

Hi Paulo,
I'm fully aware of what you are saying.  I opened two separate pages, one with http://plus.net and the other with the link that you supplied and I was able to access the specifying GB link on both of them.
ddunford
Grafter

Hi Paulo,
Adding onto James' comments, i understand what you are saying, their seems to be some strangeness happenings, ive noticed if you have no 'plus.net' cookies and you go to the link you have provided the 'create broadband your way' button is removed and you are left with 'switch your broadband'. If you have logged into the portal and then browse to the link you provided you are presented with the 'create broadband your way'.
How ever, i believe you are getting the 'switch your broadband' page where you woudl expect to see the 'create broadband your way'. You can still create package by looking for a link called: >No Broadband Your Way Option to suit you? Create your own!
Under the heading Further information about Broadband Your Way on this page: http://www.plus.net/residential/broadband/
If you still have problems, browse to: http://www.plus.net/residential/broadband/preconfigure.shtml
Apologises for the problems, i'll be sure to bring this up with the revelant people.
Dan.
Not applicable

STOP pressing the Option 1 button.  Wink
If you want to alter the allowances, and create a truly Broadband Your Way package, you need to press the button further down the page.

Here's a picture of the button you need to look for.

Once you've hit that button, you then need this button.

paulo
Grafter

Hi Dan, James H,
Only if I delete cookies am I allowed to choose my usage options (ie Opt 1 + 2G) hooray, but as you move on to the 'buy' pages you go back into a loop that, if completed, shows that you are about to pay for the basic Opt 1 (£9.99) without the extra 2G that you requested.
Very frustrating!!
Paulo
ddunford
Grafter

Thats very interesting, because ive just tried to sign up from both the link you provided and the normal way. And both times going through the create broadband way your way, selecting option 1 + 2gb i ended up signing up both accounts correctly.
Im not to sure whats happening on your end.
Can you please explain step by step the pages you go through and what you are selecting/clicking?
Sorry if we seem to be going back to square one but if their is a problem with our website we need to know exactly what you are doing and selecting to fix the issue.
Thanks,
paulo
Grafter

Select email referal link then Broadband from £9.99 GO.
Click Create BB Your Way GO.
Click Create BB now.
Remove usage (down to 2GB £10.74) Continue.
Choose Free setup and 1 port router Continue.
Choose No homephone.
Sign in as Existing customer(my friends username and password GO
This goes to member centre with Upgrade.
Now have 2 options either select from dropdown box or 'veiw all options'
View all options takes you back to original Plusnet page where you choose Create BB Your Way (back in loop)
If you select Opt 1 £9.99 from the dropdown box the Change
it takes you to the Hardware page.
Select Free setup and 1 port router Continue.
Select No Homephone continue and you get the invoice page showing £9.99 & postage, Pay Now so you are not getting the extra 2GB that you requested.

Paulo
mcgurka
Grafter

You dont need to sign in as your friend, the referrals discount has already been tagged by the URL you used in the first place.
Just put in your telephone number, and it should go alright.
Scott
James
Grafter

You will if the friend wants to keep their username.
Paulo, can you log in as them and then upgrade the account using this link?
https://portal.plus.net/upgrade_process.html?memberheader=upgrade