Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with 51.6.xxx.xxx IP range

FIXED
BobSchruncle
Fixes: 1

Problem with 51.6.xxx.xxx IP range

I've been having problems on my service caused by your assignment of a 51.6.xxx.xxx IP range.

Upon calling your support team, the first told me that turning my router off for an hour would fix the problem and he has never seen it fail. It failed (shock, horror!).

Called back again (nice short hour wait this time) and to cut a long story short was told that not only were PlusNet aware of the problem but they were unwilling to fix it without me shelling out more cash.

So with my service gimped for over 48 hours now and with a fix that will not be provided unless I give PlusNet more money and no timescale given for any other fix times, where exactly am I supposed to turn for assistance to actually fix the problem? Currently I'm left with half a service for the same money as is normally paid.

5 REPLIES 5
Azagoth
Grafter

Re: Problem with 51.6.xxx.xxx IP range

Having the exact same problem here, a 51.6.xxx.xxx IP address, which refuses to change when I disconnect/reconnect the PPPoA session.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

What problems are you both having exactly?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

BobSchruncle

Problems with youtube video loading times (internet speed otherwise is good) but the major current problem is that there is an issue caused by this IP with Overwatch. This problem had never happened until 2 days ago, no changes made on computer hardware or software.

A thread on the Blizzard forums showing this issue can be found here: http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/17612223291?page=3

BobSchruncle

Fix

After talking to one of the PlusNet representatives on Live chat they have finally sorted out the issue and provided me a static IP free of charge until this issue has been resolved, which is exactly the outcome I was after when I started this whole process, shame it took me so long to get to this point.

Azagoth
Grafter