cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem uploading files to web sites (madasafish/freenetname)

ciderboy
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Problem uploading files to web sites (madasafish/freenetname)

I've noticed over the last few months that it's taking up to 5 minutes to upload a single image (approx. 1 Mb) to ebay/flickr etc.  Also, when attempting to import a larger file to an Oracle Application Express server it is taking much longer than it used to.
Whilst my upload speed is only around 330 kbps (confirmed by speed test) I wouldn't expect it to take this long - it used to be much quicker. 
Also, when I FTP files, they transfer much quicker.
I remember about 12 months ago madasafish users were accidentally subjected to traffic management - has something similar happened again?
9 REPLIES 9
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Problem uploading files to web sites (madasafish/freenetname)

Hi Ciderboy,
Traffic management only works on the downstream so that should not be a factor.
Also I have to say that 330kbps is about right for the broadband product you have with us. I'd perhaps consider checking your firewall settings.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ciderboy
Rising Star

Thanks Adam - I hadn't thought about traffic management only being downstream Embarrassed
I just can't work out why it's so much slower using a web site's upload process that it is FTP'ing. 
I just thought I'd check if there was anything obvious as I've got to upload around 40Mb of files on Tuesday with FTP not being an option (potentially 3.5 hours).
I'll double check things at my end when I get home tonight.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No probs,
Do let us know how you get on.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ciderboy
Rising Star

OK.  Upload speed had dropped to around 250 kbps last night and is around 130 kbps this morning Sad
I think it's time to raise a ticket.
Burjua

I'm a PlusNet customer and I have the same problem.
Noticed that recently my upload speed became miserable. Tried to upload a few photos to Facebook, waited for 15 minutes - nothing, cancelled it. After that tried to upload single picture to Google+ - they have progress indicator, waited for 5 minutes - it didn't even move. At the same time the download speed is decent, don't have any complains about it.
I reset my router - still the same.
I need help, thanks
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi guys,
Are these upload speeds with wireless or ethernet?
Jojo Smiley
Burjua

I'm using wifi
tequillaboy

I am having the same problem. Despite a quoted upload speed of around 300 mB/s, I get a miserable 1 or 2 mB/s at best, sometimes zero.  I have tried changing router, resetting the Plusnet router and even bought a new computer. No change.
The download is fine (6-8 mB/s). Computer is iMac.
I cannot upload anything above a tiny image to my website, I can't send attachments with emails and I'm totally fed up. Its affecting my business and I feel locked into a contract that is not delivering.
Can anyone help? Plusnet appear helpless (or do I mean hopeless?)
It was not like this before I migrated to Plusnet.......
Tips, ideas gratefully received.
Simon
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
@Burjua - Please could you try the same test on a wired connection to make sure it's not the wireless connection causing the slowdown?
@tequillaboy - I can't see anything on your account that looks like a problem, the upload profile is still 448 according to the BT reporting. Are you seeing any reduction in the upload sync speed, and could you post some results from the BT speed tester (http://www.speedtester.bt.com) please?