cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem not being sorted out

grahamholmes
Grafter

Problem not being sorted out

Had the same fault about four times now with my broadband going slower and slower until I cannot use it at all to which point that I have to call PN.
The support team has raised a ticket (92486831) again after a line reset which they have done about three times now but the fault keeps coming back and nothing is being done and I feel I'm being fobbed off.
I have been told that I never had 5mb download speeds which I clearly have had and I don't appreciate being told this when it is untrue.
I have copied this off my connection settings page which shows the speeds I'm getting and what it should be
Telephone number:Phone exchange: NEWTOWN Estimated line speed:7Mb (This may vary between 5Mb and 12.5Mb)  - Checked on 2014-10-07 22:29:04Current line speed:3.3 Mb
My router stats are with download SNR at 10.4 it was always about 6.0

Uptime: 0 days, 9:42:55
DSL Type: ITU-T G.992.3
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 947 / 3.360
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]: 175,57 / 828,33
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12,7 / 0,0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 28,3 / 48,5
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 6,0 / 10,4
System Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / ----
Chipset Vendor ID (Local/Remote): BDCM / IFTN
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 9 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 1 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): -
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 4.650 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 99 / 4.426
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 49 / 1.031
Please sort this out as I am fed up of having slow broadband and please could you tell me what the realistic speed of fibre I can expect. 
3 REPLIES 3
AndyT
Grafter

Re: Problem not being sorted out

Hi Graham,
Thanks for your time on the phone this morning and apologies again for the problems you have been experiencing recently.
As we discussed, hopefully the engineer will be able to identify the cause of the errors on your line and we will see an improvement in your sync speeds.  I've updated your fault ticket and passed it through to the faults team to monitor, so they'll be back in touch after the visit to see how it went.  Please feel free to update them in the meantime if there is anything else we can help with.
Andy
grahamholmes
Grafter

Hi Andy
BT did not show up today, I put my mobile number on the front door as you suggested but no sign of them.  I have updated the ticket, please advise.
AndyT
Grafter

Hi Graham,
I'm really sorry to hear this, I'll find out why and get back to you asap