cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem: Switching from Sky

GMan

Problem: Switching from Sky

Has anybody had any experience of the following that can help me?
I switched my phone and broadband from Sky to Plusnet and the switchover happened a week or so ago. According to Sky, I am definitely no longer with them, and according to Plusnet they have definitely taken over my line and broadband.
However, when I check who my ISP is online, it is still coming through as Sky. This is backed up by the fact I am still using the Sky router which I believe is locked to Sky only.
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Problem: Switching from Sky

Hi there,

Yes, looks like you're still connected to Sky although I can see our modem is on the way to you.
The set up is designed to be quick and painless but let me know if there are any further issues.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
GMan

Hi Adam,
Thanks for the response. So are you saying that connecting the Plusnet router will ensure that I am receiving broadband from Plusnet? I would have assumed (although I am a novice at these things!) that it would just connect to the broadband that is being received through my line, which appears to be Sky?
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

It will depend how the authorisation works these days.
I recall, a few years back now, when switching from Tiscali (non-LLU) to PlusNet that I stayed working on Tiscali until I reconfigured my router for PlusNet and re-authenticated.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Hi Gman,
Welcome to PlusNet and the forums.
I am afraid that migrating away from Sky is notoriously difficult irrespective of who you migrate to, there are number of long running threads on here of such issues.  It does not help when something goes wrong in BTOR's back end systems as well which can cause extended delays.  Unfortunately Sky appears to have a tendency to cease a subscriber's account when they request their MAC code, instead of leaving the account in place until the process completes.  I would recommend that you keep an eye on progress and if there is none, check back here or on the PN portal for guidance.
You might need good luck for the transition, but thereafter it should be plain sailing.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.