Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro package on new FTTC connection

c0dec
Grafter

Pro package on new FTTC connection

Morning,
My FTTC has just gone live and I wondered if my 'Pro' bolt on is already on or not? According to the members area under 'Add-Ons' I have it but I don't really know how I check this?
Kind regards,
Dan
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Pro package on new FTTC connection

Try a download from BBC iPlayer - not streaming - if you aren't on Pro it will be speed limited http://usergroup.plus.net/prodcomp1.php
c0dec
Grafter

Cheers ill give that a try and thanks for the link, very interesting Smiley
Atm im seeing speeds of around 32/35mbit on various speed checkers, my profile is apparently 38mbit according to the BT speedchecker site, the max speed for my line is again apparently 65mbit, shouldn't I be seeing closer to 38mbit speed or would you say 32/35 is acceptable?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi c0dec,
The BT Availability Checker will show up to 80Mbps now that they provide that service. As for getting 32Mbps, it's quite possible that you could get more with the profile being 38 but it can depend on a few things. Is it a wired or wireless test? Was there anything else open/running at the same time?
Jojo Smiley
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi c0dec,
I can see the pro add-on is active on your account and also that your profile on BTs side has now upped to around 77Mb - hope that's somewhat better and you're seeing the improved speeds, please let us know if not.