cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pro Add-on with Fibre?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pro Add-on with Fibre?

OK fine, adding the "Pro add-on" will have NO EFFECT on your speedtest result OR your pingtest figure.
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Thanks Purleigh.
You have saved one line on the Broadband and routers forum.
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
tokey
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Quote from: NorthEasterner
I've always had a 2 digit ping ms how'd you make it single?Huh

Under ideal conditions, ie the server being situated in the same city as you, you can potentially get single figure pings.
I live in bedfordshire for example and can get pings between 6 - 8 to servers hosted in Milton Keynes.
To some UK based Left 4 Dead servers I have seen pings of between 9 - 11 (not sure where these have been based)
Typically London based servers get me pings between 15 - 30, European based servers on various games are typically 20 - 35.
I havent done anything special to my connection other than switch the PN router for an Asus N56U but even with the PN router pings were at this level.
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Quote from: NorthEasterner
Anyone want to respond to my post regarding pings ms?

Looking at your signature "speed test via WiFi" your ping times may be dominated by the use of WiFi.
You could try undertaking a speed test using a computer connected using a Ethernet cable & see if the ping is lower.
Richard
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Tried its just 15.
does it depend on how far you are away from the cab?
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up