cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Priority games line??? Really!!

SidSnot66
Dabbler

Priority games line??? Really!!

hi folks, im a new member and have the phone and broadband  package with priority gaming line.Granted, i just got my new router today,but when i connected up my PS3 with an ethernet cable i didn't notice any difference in my online game connection or play, i still had the same old problems.Does anyone else have this Priority line and does it work, as im not impressed with this in any way.Im not a tech-head so i cant run any tests to give you any more info on this.......we call ourself a developed nation, not when it comes to our archaic phone and internet infrastructure , it's a joke
14 REPLIES 14
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Priority games line??? Really!!

Hi SidSnot66,
What are the 'same old problems' you're having? Maybe if we tackle them we can improve your experience.
Jojo Smiley
SidSnot66
Dabbler

Hi Jojo,thank you for the reply,  the same old problems are lag and very sluggish gameplay, firstly when i sign in to play an online head2head game, on screen both clubs will come up but no gamertag underneath,no latency graph and i cant quit the screen as it appears frozen, but when the it unfreezes, my tag doesn't appear and only my opponents name comes up as the away team,which he seems to be able to change, and only then i can quit.Also during a game the "loading up" icon will appear and the game will freeze in motion and after anything up to a minute it will return as "connection lost".Those are a few of the more confusing problems, but my main concern is the lag as sometimes my team appears to be 1 pass behind on screen, compared to the input i make on the controller ..... if you need any technical information im afraid your out of luck as im a novice ,but if you talk me thro' it step by step i can manage that, lol

pierre_pierre
Grafter

try this with full instructions for your router stats  http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.php

SidSnot66
Dabbler

Thanks pierre-pierre, or should that be merci, but i wont know what to do with the stats, cos im seriously techno-phobic, my 6yr old knows more about it
pierre_pierre
Grafter

post them on here and  lot of people can advise what they mean
SidSnot66
Dabbler

DSL Connection
Link Information
Uptime: 1 day, 6:58:19
DSL Type: G.992.3 annex A
Maximum Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 1,008 / 3,708
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 998 / 3,992
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/GB]: 201.61 / 3.10
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.5 / 17.5
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 28.5 / 49.0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 8.5 / 7.0
Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / IFTN
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 5 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 4,248 / 755,403
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 398 / 4,852
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 417 / 13,044

Is that the kind of information you need?? It means nothing to me......Oh Vienna
SidSnot66
Dabbler

this is really getting beyond a joke, i cant even get finishing a game now, im getting booted off line and getting a loss, i dont care about the loss, i just want to game in peace....pathetic
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I am not the expert, but you are on ADSL1, and your current synch speed is about 3700, you seem to be on fast path as your up load is twice what would normally be seen.
Give then a chance to wake up and I am sure some one will give you a fuller answer
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi SidSnot66,
I've just tried ringing you on your mobile. There's a few things I want to talk to you about. Can you let me know when it's convenient for you to talk?
Jojo Smiley
Mathias
Grafter

Hi, sorry to crash the thread. Would be interested to hear what action was taken and any improvements it had, so please post this, whilst my online gaming experience is mostly ok, anything i can try to improve performance would be welcome.
Cheers.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

One thing you could do is ask for interleaving to be removed
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

FYI we can remove interleaving within 24 working hours for you if need be.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
SidSnot66
Dabbler

thanks for the information guys and girl but i dont know what interleaving is but if it improves my online gaming connection go ahead and do it please, and Jojo, im sorry i was outside the house tidying the garden and didnt hear my phone but im available now, if you are free
SidSnot66
Dabbler

Thanks to everyone for their replies and help, i have more help from PlusNet and the community in 2 days than i have in 2 years when at TalkTalk, now i can see why you are doing so well in this complicated business, thank you all very much