cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prioritizing faults that have taken excessive time to resolve.

tox

Prioritizing faults that have taken excessive time to resolve.

I have had a fault now (that is still on-going) which is in excess of a month. Originally after a BT tech came around i thought that it was resolved only to discover that i had no telephone service and a painfully slow connection. I then re-reported it and it was "repaired" for a few hours but then the telephone line crackle is and was so bad that i don’t bother using the phone because people can’t hear what i am saying...if they are lucky enough to get through that is. Also after a fault is repaired you need to wait a few days for the line to settle which it never did and which makes the wait even longer…as well as the frustration!
The response from Plusnet has been, it’s my line, it’s my router, it’s my authentication, it’s my router, it’s my line, etc etc. I can’t help but feel like i am being fobbed off or am going through the processes endlessly. Could one person not take ownership (taking into account the history of the fault) and work at getting it resolved considering the time it has taken?
So far this issue has cost me 2 half days off work (With the most recent not having an engineer show up or even call.) A month’s line rental and broadband charge.  Buying a new handset to confirm it is not the handset and of course not having a decent internet service or telephone at the time when i needed it most during the festive season.
One month in total seems excessive to me. I understand that sometimes faults can be intermittent etc but i would imagine that my problem is pretty straight forward with oodles of information available to tech’s and had it been dealt with efficiently it could of been resolved a while ago without the frustration and going through the same process time and time again. I am now onto router three, telephone two, two BT callouts, 3 filters, 3 sets of cabling and way too much time and frustration wasted on this.
The only efficient thing has been the constant “threats” that i will be charged £60.00 (if the fault is on my side) with every email i receive and every telephone call and every text message and of course the billing where i am paying for a service that i no longer receive. I don’t care about having to pay £60.00 if it my outside cable causing the issue, I just want it fixed. It’s the same with moving to the parent company BT, I don’t care if I have to pay £60.00 to move to another supplier, I just want it resolved. What is the hold-up and more importantly if a fault is outstanding for this long should it not be prioritised or given extra attention?
3 REPLIES 3
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Prioritizing faults that have taken excessive time to resolve.

Hi tox,
Sorry to hear of the trouble you're having. I'll get someone to pick this up for you.
Jojo
godsell4
Rising Star

By an HLE person I would hope?
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi tox,
I've just chased this for you, there should be an update on there soon giving you the latest.