cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Praise for CS

parish
Grafter

Praise for CS

There are many posts here, and other forums, berating PN's Customer Support for poor service so I think my recent experience warrants posting to redress the balance somewhat.
Back in August we moved house, well we moved out of our old house but it was to be 3 weeks before we could move into our new one so I was concerned that my PN BB account may be closed/cancelled once the 'phone number disappeared when the old line was disconnected - we were taking the number with us.
A call to CS confirmed that this would happen so I asked if it was possible to "suspend" or "hold" the account, so I could retain the same username etc. Apparently, there is no mechanism per se to suspend/hold an account but it is possible to acheive by pushing the billing date forward (my understanding is that the billing date triggers the closing of the account).
Due to gross incometence by BT that ultimately required a complaint to OfCom to resolve, it took 3 weeks after we moved to get the 'phone connected and then it was with a new number instead of the old one, and another week to get the old number back, and then I could finally ask PN to reactivate my BB, which came on-line ysterday.
All the CS people I spoke to were very helpful but Daniel deserves a special mention in despatches for answering all my questions clearly and in detail, adding detailed info to the Question and ensuring that everything went smoothly.
The added bonus is that while  I was quite happy to continue paying for the service, even though I didn't have a connection, I have ended up with a couple of free months due to the billing date being moved forward several times.
7 REPLIES 7
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Praise for CS

Thanks for the positive feedback. I've passed your comments onto Daniel who I'm sure will be very appreciative of them! Smiley

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Julesp1970
Grafter

I agree 110% with what the OP said, I have had 2 problem's this past week and James has been remarkable in the way that he helped, no heistation and very polite andfriendly on the phone, PN CS are outstanding, i can't really fault them, well done guys Smiley
Ianwild
Grafter

I'm not trying to skew the results of this, but your ratings over on Thinkbroadband really would be much appreciated by us all here:-)
(And that goes for everyone else too, even if you are unhappy with the service we provide!)
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/rate.html
Cheers,
Ian
Ianwild
Grafter

Yeah, I know what you mean. In the past ratings could be made by anyone. That definately got abused though, and at least abuse is harder now there a quick registration required (Although I don't think the TBB team would argue for a second that it's flawless).
Ian
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: PJ
Sorry Ian, I'd participate but I absolutely refuse to register for anything I will only use once.

You don't have to register.
"To rate your ISP, you need to be logged in. If you are not a registered user, you can register by visiting our register page. Alternatively, login now to rate.
Alternatively, you can still rate without logging in if you do a Speed Test first."
Ianwild
Grafter

Good spot Alan!
pcoventry76
Grafter

Well i have also just done a speedtest and voted.
Why is it that speedtests always seem to download info than my link can? 5.21mb was the size i just did and it did it in the blink of an eye, takes a good 10 seconds for me if i download from a server in london