cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Potential problem on your telephone line'

jasmine25

'Potential problem on your telephone line'

Hi, I ordered broadband a couple of weeks ago and have been waiting for the router to arrive and for confirmation of an engineer visit (supposedly tomorrow - for which I've booked off work).

I finally received an update but it just says that there is a delay with no details of what this is or when it will be resolved!

Looking into this further I see there are two open questions in my help assistant (which I had not been informed of). I am very concerned as one of the open questions on my account refers to cancellation - I have not cancelled my order! 

I now see on my order tracker that there is an issue at the 'checking your line' section - it refers to a potential problem on the telephone line and says I will be contacted shortly. I have already been waiting some time for communication from plusnet, so I'm not confident that this will really be shortly.

What does this kind of error usually mean? How is it fixed? I'd like to hear some other experiences of this because I am otherwise completely in the dark as to when I will have broadband.

1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: 'Potential problem on your telephone line'

Sorry for the lack of updates regarding your order and the confusing messages you've seen on your account.

Those messages were referring to the order with our suppliers as opposed to your order with us, though I appreciate this could've been better explained and picked up a lot sooner than it has been.

Essentially it looks like our system was unable to automatically place the order with our suppliers, but I can see we've done that today and your appointment for an engineer to visit is scheduled for 21/11/18 between 1pm and 6pm.

Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

If you need any further assistance, please feel free to post back.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet