Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential line fault

dannystokie
Grafter

Potential line fault

Hi
I ordered Unlimited Fibre earlier, rang up gave the MAC and booked in for next Monday, checked the update status before I go to bed to see "potential line fault - order cancelled", very dissapointijng as I wasn't even emailed about it!
No idea as too what it could be, never had issue with phone line before
10 REPLIES 10
dannystokie
Grafter

Re: Potential line fault

Have to admit, very dissapointed at the minute, seems PlusNet reckon they don't know what it is.
Not so smooth as promised.
dannystokie
Grafter

No staff available to check this?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry, we're just coming off a 4 day weekend (we don't tend to monitor the forums over bank holidays) so we have a lot to catch up on. I'll take a look or ask someone to pick this up shortly.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
dannystokie
Grafter

Ok no worries, I'm just quite stressed with this unknown line fault.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I can see from ticket  67763752 we spoke to you yesterday about a problem with an invalid MAC key. Have you spoken to Sky about that as per what we advised?
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dannystokie
Grafter

I phoned you back up and gave you the key again as Sky had given me the key with an N instead of an M, has this not been changed?
I spoke to a guy who put this through and booked me in for install on the 8th 1 - 6 pm, I now find that it appears BT have rejected the application, I just can't understand why? Plus the order has been canceled which seemed strange to me as I wasn't emailed about it, I just found it because I checked
I'm sorry if I seem edgy but I've had problems with broadband providers before and it tends to be one thing after another, with my first problem being even getting the order to process and you guys not knowing what's happening it make me a little nervous you see?
dannystokie
Grafter

Ok, So I have had the connection set manually, which has successfully completed the line check now.
other people I know have said that BT have told them they can order now, but exchange is still having work done so can't be enabled till end of the month, so I suppose will have to see what BTO say now with appointment being confirmed?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No worries, I've just checked and can see an appointment for the 11th has been booked. Let us know if that's not convenient.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dannystokie
Grafter

Hi
Does it matter the router hasn't been dispatched yet? I assume it'll be sent 1st class
Thanks
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

It's sent first class so will be with you in plenty of time.