Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Postini Feedback / Manage My Mail Improvements

andyrogers
Grafter

Re: Postini Feedback / Manage My Mail Improvements

Bob
Just another question, I have just had an e-mail arrive directly into my inbox, but it has been scanned by MXCore for SPAM, should this be happening now after these changes when this was previously disabled for people who were now on Postini?
Thanks
Andy
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: andyrogers
I have logged into Postini Quarantine Service this morning after activating my settings and have added an alais to my defaulf postini login e-mail address which is postini.default@mydomain.f9.co.uk, and haev had a confirmation through but the subject line was a little jumbled

Andy, you don't need to add aliases and you shouldn't be able to access the settings. They've been disabled for new customers but looks like there was an issue with existing users. We're looking at fixing this now and you'll not have access to these shortly.
Also Bob in Postini under the Approved Senders/Domain section these are the current listed approved domains:-
plus.net
plus.com
force9.net
f9.co.uk
sould force9.co.uk also be added or does this get covered by f9.co.uk?

All virtual domains are approved at the org level (which isn't visible in the Quarantine settings) so this is nothing to worry about.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

We're not using any of the old spam filtering now Andy. What gives you the impression our servers have scanned the message? Is it a header in the email? If so, which one?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

andyrogers
Grafter

Bob
I have so far got 2 messages with this header in which have both arrived after 7 this morning:-
X-PN-Spam-Filtered: by PlusNet MXCore (v4.00)
If you want me to post some more of the headers I shall do.
Thanks
Andy
Username
Grafter

If we turn off Edge Protection (BSB), is there anyway of telling which SPAM emails then received would have been blocked by the Edge Protection?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

A thought, how is Joe Punter who doesnt look at the forum (over 90%) going to know about the anti spam changes? Crazy
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: Username
If we turn off Edge Protection (BSB), is there anyway of telling which SPAM emails then received would have been blocked by the Edge Protection?

From Postini's documentation:
Quote from: Postini
A second numeric evaluation, the BSB score, appears after the spam score on the X-pstn-levels header. The BSB score is used by the spam engine to identify messages that should be bounced or blackholed by Blatant Spam Blocking. Unlike the spam score, the BSB score should not be evaluated directly.
Example:
X-pstn-levels:    (S: 0.00010/62.95723 )
The spam score (S:) is separated from the BSB score by a slash (“/”). The BSB score will always appear, even if BSB is not turned on.
Should a message score as blatant spam, the BSB disposition of bounce or blackhole will result in a discarded message being discarded. So, there will not be any headers for those messages. The reason the BSB score was added is to make it clear to someone evaluating the headers that the message did meet the spam score criterion but failed to meet the BSB score criterion.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: pierre_pierre
A thought, how is Joe Punter who doesnt look at the forum (over 90%) going to know about the anti spam changes? Crazy

It's been announced via Service Status, the Community homepage and will be mentioned in the next newsletter.
Quote from: andyrogers
I have so far got 2 messages with this header in which have both arrived after 7 this morning:-
X-PN-Spam-Filtered: by PlusNet MXCore (v4.00)

Don't worry about that Andy. That header's pretty much redundant and doesn't mean that the message has gone through any of the old spam filters.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

paulby
Grafter

The 'Move to Spam folder' and 'Deliver to Inbox' options are on a per mailbox basis. The 'Quarantine' and 'Deliver to Mailbox' options are on a per domain basis.

How do I manage things on a "per mailbox" basis?  As far as I can see the only option is to select which domain I'm working with - or am I missing something?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Edited so it makes sense:
If you select 'Move to Spam folder' then the settings will be applied to the whole domain. What I was trying to get at is the fact that each mailbox would have it's own 'Spam' folder. With Quarantine and the 'Move to Mailbox' option all you spam goes to the same place and isn't separated based on mailbox.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

RobDickson
Grafter

Bob, I read your posts that state that
the 'Move to Spam folder' and 'Deliver to Inbox' options are on a per mailbox basis. The 'Quarantine' and 'Deliver to Mailbox' options are on a per domain basis."

However, as I think Paul03 has found, when I go to the Spam tab of "Manage My Mail", the "How would you like us to deal with messages identified as spam?" section does seem to be applied to the whole domain, not individual accounts. I can't see any similar options in webmail, or in the "Mailboxes" tab of "Manage My Mail". What are we doing wrong?
Also, my existing setting was "Move to Inbox", but last night's upgrade changed this to "Move to the Spam Folder (Recommended)". Shouldn't the upgrade have kept my existing settings?
Apart from these two comments, congratulations on the upgrade.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

BUG: The dropdown beside Move to an existing Mailbox only shows the first 10 mailbox names (the mailbox I created for this purpose is the 12th!)
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Hmmm, not sure about this.
Having read about the new features in Manage My Mail I thought I'd have a look.
Now I'm quite sure my spam setting were to "tag" any spam and then pass it to my inbox so that I can deal with it myself.
Those settings had been reset back to putting it in the webamail spam folder.
Not happy about that unpublished change. I can deal with it but I can think of people who may get confused, especially if they don't know (as is likely)  Sad
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@HPSauce, that change wasn't intentional. As two of you have reported it, I shall raise a problem now.
@Jelv, thanks for the heads up, I'll have that looked into.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

OK, thanks.
I've just checked someone else account (my first referral, just joined) and I'm pretty sure their spam settings have "reverted" too.