Did you mean: 

Post your faceplate pictures

dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Post your faceplate pictures

Hi all,
Could I ask a favour please? We're looking at making some updates to our support pages and fault reporting tools to better help customers to identify faults and fix them if they are within their own control such as incorrectly filtered phones and that kind of thing.
Part of that is looking at the type of socket and faceplates people have in their houses, it's no good us asking someone to do tests they can't do, so by knowing the exact socket we can ask the right questions and make everything a lot easier.
So if we could get a few photos of what the sockets and faceplates look like it would be really helpful.
Thanks,
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
3 REPLIES 3
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Post your faceplate pictures

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/btsockets.htm
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
avatastic
Grafter

I can do a fitted fibre face plate with home made data kit extension because Plusnet don't supply them to my particular OpenReach subcontractor apparently when I get home.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Dave,
Might I suggest some proficiency here?
How about producing a reference page of sockets which clear identifiers and then ask users having something not already identified to post pictures of there's.
Sometimes though a picture of just the front of a faceplate is not going to help - see here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,133271.msg1165746.html#msg1165746 - without taking the faceplate off, it is not possible to determine if the face plate is a master or secondary socket.
There is also a useful link in that thread to a number of socket types.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.