cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible stuck PN profile (20CN)

Bastabls

Possible stuck PN profile (20CN)

Hi, I had a pipe burst just under 2 weeks ago which caused the phone to stop working and the internet connection to become very slow and unstable. The test socket worked for the phone at the time so presumably water had got into the internal wiring somewhere but I was unable to test the modem on there. The phone is now working again and the modem's line stats have returned almost to normal but the connection is still very slow.
Over the last 24 hours or so I've run BT's speedtest a number of times with the line profile ranging from 4.5 Mbps to 6 Mbps. During the same time I have also moved the modem from it's usual extension socket to the test socket with no noticeable difference other than the attenuation dropping by 1 in each direction.
I've waited for Plusnet's line profile to update but it is still stuck at 0.25 Mbps. Does it need to be manually updated? Or is there something else I'm missing?
Thanks  Smiley
The current line stats (down/up) on the test socket are:
SNR Margin - 15/29
Attenuation - 3/0
Data Rate - 6816/448
3 REPLIES 3
James
Grafter

Re: Possible stuck PN profile (20CN)

Morning!
We have your line profiled at 5500Kbps, the same as on the BT system.
Could you reboot your router and see if you are still experiencing the poor speeds?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

The profile update only happened a couple of minutes ago at this side.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Bastabls

Ah, typical that it would sort itself out a few hours after I posted. Yep, it's working great now, thank you.