Did you mean: 

Possible speed

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Re: Possible speed

Hi,
In ideal circumstances no - but that might point to an issue...
~ Attainable Rate, Max Rate
The sync rate you could attain if any line card or DSLAM restrictions were removed.
If you see a figure like Max(Kbps): 10048 1048 then this is likely the restriction of the DSLAM on ADSL1. With adsl2+ its possible to get higher speeds.

Read more: http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/linestats_explanation.htm#ixzz3W4rrS77f

It is not unusual for the DLM to lower rates so as to not impact other lines etc.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MrHankey
Dabbler

So the difference in the 2 rates could just be DLM? (Wouldn't surprise me with the amount of messing I have been doing)
I'll test with my cordless phone in the test socket for the time being just to see how it goes.
Thanks
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Having reread the thread, it looks like you got a better rate in the test socket than you did plugged into the master socket face plate.  Was that before or after you removed the orange bell wires?
You should have a look at the contacts on the removable face plate - make sure they look clean.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

MrHankey
Dabbler

That was before I had touched any of the extension wiring. With the faceplate attached and no extension wiring I was getting exactly the same speeds as in the test socket.
Thanks