cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible line issues

jbrumhead
Grafter

Possible line issues

Hi There. I am raising a new thread in the hope that PlusNet will see this post and respond accordingly. My download speeds used to be 6.5mbps but more recently I am only attaining 5.5mbps. I have posted some line stats on the thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,131324.0.html and need some advice on whether there are issues that need resolving on my line. Sync speed has dropped, hence the change in download speeds.
Thanks,
Jonathan
14 REPLIES 14
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

Re: Possible line issues

can you post the current relevant stats in this thread.
jbrumhead
Grafter

Current line speed:
6 Mb
BT Test
1. Best Effort Test:
Download Speed : 5.4 Mbps
DSL Connection
Link Information
Uptime: 10 days, 4:46:28
DSL Type: ITU-T G.992.1
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 448 / 7.232
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [GB/GB]: 1,05 / 1,99
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12,1 / 20,0
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 21,5 / 39,0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 19,0 / 9,9
System Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / ----
Chipset Vendor ID (Local/Remote): BDCM / TSTC
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / -
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / -
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / -
Loss of Link (Remote): -
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 375 / -
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 42 / 887.678
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 26 / 666
HEC Errors (Up/Down): -6 / 666 / 11.243
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

For some reason your default noise margin has raised from 6dB to 9dB
There is no obvious reason for that so a line reset may be required - Plusnet would need to do it
However there is a potential problem - you appear to be on 20CN or on ADSL1 on 21CN
Can you put details in here http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/ and report what it says about WBC on 21CN
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

Multiple threads on the same issue is not helpful and against the forum rules.
A good deal of analysis of this issue has already been performed, therefore can these threads be merged please?
As per my last post on the other thread, this needs CRT input - or a formal fault report raising here... Http://faults.plus.net

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jbrumhead
Grafter

@Oldjim  My exchange hasn't been upgraded unfortunately so it is still 20CN. BT have not advised a planned date for WBC on 21CN.
@Townman Please quit with your red tape comments - it's not helpful. As you can see, I got no response from CRT from the last thread. I waited over 2 weeks since we last chatted for CRT input so I have listened to you. You didn't mention anything about formally raising a fault (nor are you a mod) so naturally I am still pursuing this issue.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Given the relatively few errors reported raising a fault is unlikely to get you anywhere
I will flag this new thread up to staff if it isn't picked up this morning as initiating a retrain (I think that is what is needed on 20CN) isn't something a normal support agent would be able to do and that is the only way of getting your speed back up to what it used to be
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Jonathan,
When informal process fail, then use the formal ones.  I see no relevance in your comment about mods.  Given the sharpness of your comments I am not inclined to help you any further - I will give such time that I have available to those more respectful of the free advice offered.
Lips_are_sealed

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

DanHodby
Grafter

Hi Jonathan,
Can you raise a fault then post your ticket number and I'll take a look.
jbrumhead
Grafter

@OldJim Thanks for your help
@Townman I didn't mean to be rude but you have been a little sharp with your comments on a couple of occasions. And the mod comment was relevant because you have no ability to enforce or act upon any of the rules stated - leave that to the mods.
@Dan H Will do. Do I have to go through the full troubleshooter to raise a ticket?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

go through the full troubleshooter unfortunately as that triggers a load of line tests
jbrumhead
Grafter

Apologies for the delay. I have been through the troubleshooter and carried out all required tests. No ticket number was issue at the end despite it saying a ticket was raised. Where can I find this?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Hi Jon,
Log in to the user portal / member centre.  Go to Help & Support - look for My Questions.  I'm not on my PC so getting a link for you is not practical.
DO NOT update the ticket - it will just delay things.
Kevin

jbrumhead
Grafter

Thanks Kevin! Dan H / Other CRT member, ticket number is 92177523
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for confirming this for us JonathanB,
It looks as though this is now sat with Dan H awaiting to completion of testing. You should see some movement on this soon.