Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Line issue

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Possible Line issue

My inlaws have rung me tonight mentioning their broadband seems to have gone very slow.  I have checked their current line speed which state 0.3mb which is likely the cause.
I have asked them to run the basic checks for phone crackle and do a graceful disconnect of the router and switch it off, wait 10mins and restart it. etc, but I cant get there till weds PM, to have a proper look. Could someone from Plusnet kindly post up their radius logs, and possibly do a line test. The account is name paddy123.  Its likely down to the dreadful weather we are having in Lancashire and to be honest a line fault wouldnt be a bad thing, as they still have the old BT 'coffin box' wiring and really old style master sockets, so hopefully if a BT engineer is needed, they would replace all this Wink Wink
6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Possible Line issue

Hi penfold,
I'm unable to go into detail about their issue as you're not listed as the account holder or an authorised contact.
However, if you have the login details for their account you can report a fault online: http://portal.plus.net/my-account/tools/phone-troubleshooter
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Hi Adam
All I want is the radius logs to see if they had a rapid spate of disconnections over the weekend, as their useage logs fall off on Saturday.  I fail to see the issue of reporting this on the forum, as its been done many times before.
I agree I am not an authorised user on the account, but she has almost no PC skilsl apart from being able to use a PC. Can we be helpful here?
Rgrds
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Can we be helpful here?

We're not trying to be unhelpful, none of us can provide you with what you've asked for.
If you need to chase things up about this account I'd recommend you ask the account holders to contact us and ask for you to be added as an authorised contact.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Adam....
All I asked for was the radius logs to see their disconnection levels, if any.
Could you please advise what is the issue with this. I have not asked at any time, on a public forum for any personal details about the account (even though I am aware of all the account details)
If there is an issue, then why are radius logs posted in an open forum for other people.  Is this an issue with me personally?Huh
I am trying to help them out, before I can get there tomorrow afternoon.
Quote from: _Adam_Walker_

We're not trying to be unhelpful, none of us can provide you with what you've asked for.

What have I asked for thats agains the rules?Huh
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

What have I asked for thats agains the rules?Huh

It's a matter of data protection which we have to take very seriously.
even though I am aware of all the account details

I've added what you've asked for to ticket 119670752, you can always choose to post the information here if you feel the need.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
penfold
Aspiring Pro

Thanks.
Appreciate this. Allows me to troubleshoot better later on when I get home.
Ive sent you a PM with a little more explanation of other issues.