cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Change from PAYG to Plusnet Pro

Len
Grafter

Possible Change from PAYG to Plusnet Pro

I have been a Plusnet customer since 2003 and on PAYG since 2006 up until the release of Iplayer and other TV streaming sites I rarely exeeded the 2Gb data limit.
This month a download of Windows 7 RC in addition to the streaming has meant that I had to purchase 4 extra Gb . This getting perilously close to being more cost effective to change to Plusnet Pro.
I know that I will keep my webspace if I upgrade but can you confirm that I will keep my Domain (http://www.lenshanger.co.uk) , associated e-mail addresses & Static IP Address?
The static IP is needed for occasional FTP access to my Home network.
Thanks in advance
Len
5 REPLIES 5
James
Grafter

Re: Possible Change from PAYG to Plusnet Pro

Hi Len,
You shouldn't lose any of the additional (what we call) components when you upgrade from one account type to another.
By default during an account change, these would all stay.
Len
Grafter

Thank you James for the quick reply, Broadband isn't the only quick thing around here!
Just thought of another question for you  Wink
My exchange is due to be upgraded this summer to the new BT 21CN  will the new speed  be available automatically or will a request to  change to it be required?
I'm currently synced at DownStream Connection Speed 7104 kbps and UpStream Connection Speed 448 kbps so I think I could get some really decent speed !
cheers!
Len
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You don't need a static IP to FTP in to your home network if you sign up to something like http://www.dyndns.com/services/dns/dyndns/
Every time your router boots up it signs in to the service and you then get a hostname which will link back to you whatever your IP.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
James
Grafter

Hi Len,
Your exchanges broadband service isn't due to be upgraded until the end of September, so you might have a bit of a wait yet.
Theoretically, you should see an improvement in speed, both upstream and downstream.
Depending on what we're doing with ADSL2+ at that time, you'll probably need to request it once your exchange is live on ADSL2+.
Len
Grafter

Thanks James  Cool
adie:quote