cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ports for uTorrent

Azagoth
Grafter

Ports for uTorrent

Can someone please explain why each time I try to download something via uTorrent all the ports I attempt to use are closed.  No matter what number I enter it still comes up with "Port doesn't appear to be open".  Is there some special port number that I need to enter into uTorrent to enable the ability to download?
The weird thing is, sometimes it works perfectly and everything is green.  Yet 90% of the time it's red and I can't download anything.  Don't ask me to open the ports on my router as I'm not using one, I'm using the Voyager105 modem.  Also, firewall on or off it's still the same story.
5 REPLIES 5
artificer
Grafter

Re: Ports for uTorrent

what does it say about 6881?
Azagoth
Grafter

The same as the others for now, "This port appears to be closed".  However, tomorrow it'll probably be fine.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

IT doesn't explain the intermittent nature of the problem, however how have you got our Firewall configured in the Member Centre?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Azagoth
Grafter

The PN firewall is turned off, like it's always been.
Not applicable

Have you actually checked it though - just to make sure that its not managed to turn itself back on again? Or did you assume it was off because you never turned it on?