cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal problems?

artmo
Aspiring Champion

Re: Portal problems?

OK, just disabled auto log-in, closed down and then started up Firefox again and was able to input my username and password and enter the member centre.
There is a facility for visitors to have a look around at the site by entering 'guest' as the username and password. Can you get in this way?
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Just discovered an interesting point. 
Gone back into auto-login and it is showing as 'off' It seems that after putting it back to 'on' it has changed itself to 'off'.  Do you think PN has a problem with this?
I can still get in automatically because Firefox's password manager is doing it for me.
Geoff
Grafter

I will give the guest route at try and will also try Firefox instead of IE7.
i will report back soon.
Geoff
Grafter

Right, it's getting really interesting now.
IE7 - tried guest access - "username/password invalid"
Firefox - logged in as myself OK.  Setup auto-login.  Logged out, re-connected automatically without using Firefox password facility.
IE7 - still does not login.
So the problem is either  my IE7 config and maybe SP3.
Need a volounteer with SP3&IE7 to try it out to confirm if it's just me or a mre serious issue Roll_eyes
Geoff
Grafter

FAULT RESOLVED - PANIC OVER
Decided to do some more investigating with IE7.  Somehow plus.net was configured in IE7 to always block this site????
Don't know how that happened, or if it was there for a while, but not having any affect becaue of auto-login.
Thanks for your help.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Good news.  While you were sorting out your problem I was sorting out a similar one with a mailing list I'm on.  Found out in the end the US server had my Plusnet email address blocked. They've now lifted the block and I'm a happy bunny again.
Geoff
Grafter

Grin  Good new indeed for both of us.  You must be a brave person to actually use your PlusNet email account after the problems over the years Lips_are_sealed