Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Login

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Portal Login

Setting a one week review is a standard way to ensure it doesn't get forgotten and disappear down a black hole. It doesn't mean nothing is going to happen for a week!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
stevecon
Grafter

The rest of the message I got reads:
We currently have a small number of customers experiencing the same problem regarding portal login and that is being worked upon via the aforementioned problem ID.
Whilst we fully appreciate the annoyance of not being able to access the system as you would desire whilst this problem is being investigated unfortunately there is very little our support teams can advise other then to check on the status of the problems for you.
we have 3 levels of problem - 1 being the highest and 3 the lowest and your problem is currently assigned as a level 2 problem, but as with all problems there any many stages our teams have to go through to make sure the problem is investigated as much as possible and that when the issue is resolved it will fix the problem without it reoccuring or causing problems to any other service. You can see a little bit more about priority problems via the following weblink
http://www.plus.net/support/service/problems/index.php?supporta=priorityproblems
We will continue to check problem ID 47394 for you and when we have more news we will let you know.
+++++++++++++++++++++
When I follow the link to the priority problems page, it quite clearly shows that there are currently no priority problems.  So if this particular problem is not a priority, then there should be some manpower available to fix it, as they are not working on any priority problems. Or have I missed something? Is there another page which gives similar information about non-priority problems?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

We have no idea how many P2 problems are open - some of them could be affecting more users than your problem.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
stevecon
Grafter

Today's message:
We would like to inform you that your Help Assistant Question [ 23465368 ] has now been returned to the Customer Support Centre pool. A member of our Support Team will investigate your issue as soon as possible.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Again?Huh
Mand
Grafter

Hi,
A few more users have now reported that they are affected by this issue. As such this has now been raised to a p1, and is already assigned to a member of our development team.
You can track this here.
Apologies for the delay in getting this sorted for you.
Mand
Grafter

Hi,
This should be fixed for you now, can you confirm?
stevecon
Grafter

Nope.  Still cannot login as keatingestates. 
Invalid username or password. Please try again.
stevecon
Grafter

I see that this problem has been downgraded.  How long will I have to wait now?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Sory about the hassle, I'll see if anyone's down in QA now though I suspect not. If that's the case it'll get picked up on Monday.
stevecon
Grafter

Hurrah, it is working now.  Grin My thanks to whoever sorted it.  Would be nice to know what the problem was.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Well I refreshed the portal login component yesterday and then tested it, though it didn't work for me. It's likely that the refresh took a couple of hours to complete and that it needed doing after we'd rolled the fix for this issue.
Hope that helps,
stevecon
Grafter

Thanks for your efforts Matt, it's now working and thats good enough for me.