cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal Login

stevecon
Grafter

Portal Login

After some wrong information from BT, concerning moving phone numbers, it became necessary for one of my clients, keatingestates, to cease their Force9 broadband to allow BT to get broadband working on their new phone line.  I should say that the BT broadband was working until BT attempted to transfer the fax number to the line, when it all went pear shaped.  I know none of this is the fault of plusnet, but what has happened since is.  I requested the tag be removed from the line last Thursday.  I was told that the account would be downgraded to a dial up, to allow us to continue getting e-mail and to give me time to move the domain name.  It would take seven days for the tag to be removed, which seems a bit excessive to me, but Plusnet say that's how long it takes.  All of a sudden, no e-mail and no portal login so I cannot raise a question. After telephoning (20 mins wait) someone told me all the mailboxes had been removed.  He enabled the catchall to allow web access.  Now most of the mailboxes have been re-created for me with default passwords but I still cannot login to the portal. The last message I got today was that  they cannot answer my question, there is an open problem, they will check again shortly, next action Monday.  This problem has been going on for a week now. Can someone tell me what is happening. The account is keatingestates.
26 REPLIES 26
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Portal Login

It would take seven days for the tag to be removed

It takes 5-7 working days for a cease order to complete
All of a sudden, no e-mail and no portal login so I cannot raise a question.

This shouldn't have happened, I apologise that the account was completely closed rather than downgraded to a PAYG account. I'll see if I can find out what's going on with the problem of you not being able to log in to the portal.

Are your email accounts working correctly now and it's just the portal you can't log in to?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
stevecon
Grafter

Thanks for the quick response.
Some of the e-mail accounts are working, but I am not certain if the aliases have been recreated.  One mailbox that is not working is Shane.  Because of the delay in getting the tag removed, keatingestates have been without Internet access for a week and have been using a single computer to get the e-mail via webmail, so having everything in the catchall account was beneficial, except for the high percentage of spam.
stevecon
Grafter

Any news yet.  Now having waited until Monday I have got this message from support:
"We would like to inform you that your Help Assistant Question [ 23465368 ] has now been returned to the Customer Support Centre pool. A member of our Support Team will investigate your issue as soon as possible."
It seems to me that no-one has been looking at this and it has just been passed back to support this morning.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
This issue is in the development hopper at the moment so is being worked on currently. I'm just getting in touch with the developer who's working on this at present and will post back as soon as I have an update for you.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
I've had a word with one of the developers and confirmed that this should go into final testing tomorrow. Sorry about the delay, I'll post a follow up once this has happened.
stevecon
Grafter

One week on and I still cannot login to the portal as keatingestates.  Any updates?
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

the problem ID is 47394.  Having a look now.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
stevecon
Grafter

Any more updates?
stevecon
Grafter

Latest reponse:
We would like to inform you that your Help Assistant Question [ 23465368 ] has now been returned to the Customer Support Centre pool. A member of our Support Team will investigate your issue as soon as possible.
It seems that this is being passed back and forward between departments.  Can someone please sort it out. Angry
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
I've asked one of our developers to take a look at this for you today.
stevecon
Grafter

Yes, it is still oustanding. I don't quite understand why a developer is required to solve a login problem, nor why it is bouncing back and forward between developers and customer support.  This morning's message:
We would like to inform you that your Help Assistant Question [ 23465368 ] has now been returned to the Customer Support Centre pool. A member of our Support Team will investigate your issue as soon as possible.
Can't someone just take charge of the problem and get it sorted out.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
The outstanding problem on this issue is with our development team, believe me if I could have fixed it weeks ago I would have!
Your ticket keeps getting placed on hold for us to check the problem for you and give updates, as you cannot access our problems directly this is often what we do in the CSC to keep you informed.
I asked someone to look at this specifically yesterday, however unfortunately this was not possible (p1 problems will always take precedence over single user issues, no matter how nicely I ask a developer :)).
I'll see if we can get this sorted for you today.
Apologies for the delay. 
stevecon
Grafter

Another message from support:
We will continue to check problem ID 47394 for you and when we have more news we will let you know.

++Internal++check status on PID47394
The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Thursday 20th December at 9:00am. This Question will remain open with the Customer Support Centre until this time.Additional information is provided below:
Regards,
CSA Name Removed

That's another week, which will take the total time to 1 month.  So much for getting it sorted today.
Moderators Note by Roger (rogerloxton): CSA Name removed as per the Forum Rules
James
Grafter

Steve,
That doesn't mean that it isn't getting looked at today.  That's literally the next time the CSC Analysts will check for an update on the problem.  they're no Developers either.
As Mand has said, she's pushing for this to be looked into today for you.