cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port forwarding problem withTechnicolor 582 router

PeterRH

Port forwarding problem withTechnicolor 582 router

I've recently changed my router for PlusNet from a BT Voyager to a Technicolor 582 and am having problems setting up port forwarding for an IP security camera (AVN80X) which worked fine with my old Voyager router.  The camera doesn’t have wifi so is connected to an Ethernet port on the router. I've followed the Technicolor guide creating a new entry under Game & Application Sharing with the camera as the device (which has local IP address 192.168.1.49) and the Game/Application Definition as below.   I can access the camera on my local network using the address 192.168.1.49:88  but not over the internet using the public IP address with :88 added to the end.  When I connect to the camera over the local network I get an error message from the camera software 'cannot connect to Internet' although the camera software also states that 'the camera can be viewed over the public Internet at the following address' and displays the correct public IP address for my Internet connection followed by :88.
Protocol Port Range Translate To ... Trigger Protocol Trigger Port
TCP 88 - 88         88 - 88                  -                          -
UDP 88 - 88         88 - 88                  -                               -
There are several settings for this router which I don't understand including UPnP (ticked), advanced security (not ticked), game mode (disabled), DMZ (disabled). I've played around with most of these settings but so far havent found something that works.
Any ideas as to where I'm going wrong?
4 REPLIES 4
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Port forwarding problem withTechnicolor 582 router

Have you assigned the rule to the camera?
Does this post (or the one after that) help?
David
PeterRH

Quote from: spraxyt
Have you assigned the rule to the camera?
Does this post (or the one after that) help?

Thanks, I hadn't seen either of these and tried their suggestions (including factory restart of router) but didn't solve my problem.  As the camera is reporting 'no Internet connection' I suspect its not an issue with port forwarding (which I've set up for this camera successfully on two other routers) but a firewall issue or something similar. I need to get the camera working so will probably revert to my old router.  I only changed from the Voyager as it occassionally loses the Internet connection and needs a power cycle to restart it.
NedLudd
Grafter

I think you first need to create a 'New Game or Application' for your IP camera.
Go to Toolbox >>Game & Application Sharing  and set up a New Application using 'Manual Entry of Port Maps'.
Call it something like 'IPCamera', and enter the port(s) numbers for both TCP and UDP. Save at the end.
You router should then be able to see the camera (a camera/router reboot may be needed). Assign the new Application called IPCamera to your camera.
If you also do need to open port 80 then assign the Application called HTTP Server which is already set up for port 80.
Simples!
This works for my TP-Link IP Camera which I use for security.
Geoff,
York.
PeterRH

Thanks, I think this is what I've done although I've always used port 88 for my IP camera (successfully with two other makes of router), I can't remember why it was 88.  I've reverted back to my old Voyager router for now as I need the camera to be operational.  I think the key to getting the Technicolor router to work with the IP camera is in the camera error message which says its not got access to the Internet.  I'm not sure why this should be and am still very interested in any further suggestions to fix this.