cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port forwarding issues/port blocked by PN?

jamiecooke

Port forwarding issues/port blocked by PN?

HI everyone
Been setting up my cctv dvr so I can monitor our stables from afar, and had moderate success so far.  Dyndns is set up & updating happily on my router. Port 8080 is open & forwarded to the dvr webserver (hosting on port 8080 as well).
Today from work I could log in this morning & view images. However, about an hour later I had another go & could not connect. The web forwarding from Dyndns is working as it should be as I still get a login box if I only go to the standard address rather than the ...:8080 address.
So... my main question is do PlusNet apply any port management on their end - Ive heard of various ISPs who block ports if they see what they deem to be "inappropriate access" - hackers trying to access etc etc.
If this is the case, can one of the lovely PN people please unblock the port and allow me access again. If its not plusnet, does anyone have any ideas, seeing as it was working ok initially this morning & now appears dead!
Many thanks
Jamie
7 REPLIES 7
jamiecooke

Re: Port forwarding issues/port blocked by PN?

Ok. Strangely, its come back online again..... very confusing. I will monitor it and see if it drops again.
On a related note, is it possible to increase my upload speed at all? When I can log in the images are very slow to update!
Many thanks
Jamie
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

From your previous post you appear to be on 20CN - if this is the case - only by paying for Max Premium http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/max_premium.shtml
If you check your estate and 21CN is available then you can get the speed more or less doubled for free http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/
jamiecooke

Thanks oldjim
A quick check on the link you provided says 21CN is available. How do I go about changing?
Many thanks
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I would wait for the Digital Care Team to come on in the morning
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi jamiecooke,
I'll double-check for you and place the order if it's available. I'll confirm that via ticket/email.
Jojo Smiley
jamiecooke

Thanks Jojo
Quick service as always from you!
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi jamiecooke,
That's done and confirmed.
Jojo Smiley