cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port forwarding by remote access

PhoenixGiraffe

Port forwarding by remote access

Port forwarding stops intermittently on my remote router.  I presume that this is because the modem might have reset itself to default, deleting the port forwarding settings saved on it.  This happens on a regular basis, which means I cannot access the server remotely. How do I reset port forwarding (remotely) without having to be at the actual site to re-programme the router every time.  Better, how to I stop the router defaulting to stopping my port forwarding set-up? PS my router is a Technicolor 582n
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Port forwarding by remote access

Hi there,
How do I reset port forwarding (remotely) without having to be at the actual site to re-programme the router every time.

I'm just doing some digging re that, hope to let you know ASAP.
how to I stop the router defaulting to stopping my port forwarding set-up?

That shouldn't be happening, it would be worth a reset to factory defaults manually. If that doesn't help it may need replacing.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Quote from: PhoenixGiraffe
Port forwarding stops intermittently

That sometimes happens when the device is on a static LAN IP address.
PF tends to work best with the device IP assigned via DHCP -- set "always use the same IP address" in the routers network settings for the device.
This is no help at the moment but the next time you're at the router you could set it to allow remote access.
http://npr.me.uk/remote.html
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

FYI  PhoenixGiraffe re what I mentioned earlier, you can set up remote admin from "user management" under toolbox whilst logged in.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team