cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port forwarding blocked by Plusnet?

BertCoules
Grafter

Re: Port forwarding blocked by Plusnet?

Thanks for that.  I've replied to your PM, but basically, with the new port number, uTorrent says that the port is not open but an online checker (http://www.canyouseeme.org/) says that it is.
My current up- and download speeds are virtually zero.
I'll check again later and see what's happening, or not.
Later...
I went through the procedure at portforward.com to check the settings on my router (Thomson 585 v7).  The instructions were very clear, but one thing puzzled me:
On the Member Centre, it gives my static IP Address .  If I enter this into my browser's address bar it takes me to the Thomson Gateway site with all my router settings.  But on that site, "MyPC" is shown as having a quite different IP address.  Is this usual?
Incidentally, after going through the setup procedure, nothing's changed: up-and download speeds are virtually zero, and though the online port checker at http://www.canyouseeme.org/ tells me that my port is open, uTorrent's checker tells me that it isn't (at the moment - as I said above, it changes, seemingly at random).
JHW

Bert
scootie
Grafter

following screen grab to help with a PM sent
BertCoules
Grafter

Thanks for that, and for the PM, which I've replied to.
This morning, the port is reported as open and a test download is giving me a very healthy 180 KB/s down, with up speed of 35 KB/s - not terribly fast but better than anything I was getting last night. 
I'm beginning to wonder if my speeds and connectibility just automatically drop off in the evenings.
Bert
scootie
Grafter

depending on the package your on the speeds will drop off in the evening ( unless your on PRO ) all thoe your port should still be reported as open
BertCoules
Grafter

I'm on the Unlimited package.  A bit of a slowdown I could understand, but just lately the speeds have been dropping off almost to zero.
I've just been reading the Very unhappy with traffic management thread, which shows that I'm not alone as far as speed problems go, though no-one there has mentioned port forwarding being affected.  However, so far today, the port has remained open (according to uTorrent's checker as well as the other online one I've been using) so maybe the fault, whatever it was, has passed.  Fingers crossed...
Bert