cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port forwarding and Voyager 210.

nick2007

Port forwarding and Voyager 210.

Hi,
I cannot setup a port forward on this router, I have tried everything, I'm tearing my hair with this one.
I've setup the rules, disabled windows firewall etc. etc.
Any ideas ?
4 REPLIES 4
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: Port forwarding and Voyager 210.

By everything have you followed the instructions on www.portforward.com here?
What ports are you trying to forward and to where?
nick2007

Thanks, I'll give that a go. Basically I'm trying to set a SSH tunnel, I have COPSSH setup on port 10200 on the PC. I tested it fine when the PC was on my own LAN. But now that it is going through the router I cannot connect.
I set up port forwarding, but not for UDP. I'll see how it goes.
Thanks
Nick
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Are you trying to test the connection using your external IP from a PC on your internal network? If so, this will not work due to many routers getting confused. You need to test it from outside your local network.
Does the PC running COPSSH have a startic IP or one assigned by DHCP. If the latter you should set it up with a static internal IP so any port forwarding will always get to the the correct PC (even if you have only one).
nick2007

This is a strange one.
This is the setup:
Putty Client (My PC) ----> Router ---->Internet -----> Router (remote)------> PC (with COPSSH installed).
I know my end is okay, I have another pc that I connect to remotely and this setup works. When I do a port scan the ports still show closed even after implementing the port forward rules. The pc at the other end has a static address as well.
MMmm ????