cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Forwarding on Technicolour TG582N

Terry1977

Port Forwarding on Technicolour TG582N

I have just got a replacement router from PLUSNET for my old one.  On the old one, I had ports 80 & 37777 forwarded to my CCTV systems ip address 192.168.1.200  
I have done the same thing on the new router but I cannot access the CCTV.  I know that the rules and the assingments are done correctly but even www.canyouseeme get timed out mon both ports (even with the default HTTP server port 80.)
PLUSNET technical support cant give any support on anything related to port forwarding even though there is the function on their routers/~??????????? Angry
I have tried both with and without the trigger port and I have also waited more that 30seconds for the autosave.
ANY help will be appreciated as it is pointless having this router without being able to see my CCTV when my old one was working fine for it.
Dick:red All caps title edited as per forum rule.
4 REPLIES 4
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: PORT FORWARDING ON TECHNICOLOUR TG582N

Why are you shouting?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
vetterlein
Grafter

Re: Port Forwarding on Technicolour TG582N

by old one ... do you mean a Thomson 585v8 ?
I have a 585v8 today ... tomorrow I get the technicolor 582 installed to replace it (fibre)  ... I have several port forwarding rules ... we shall see how it goes.
vetterlein
Grafter

OK yesterday got fibre (FTTC) and a the techicolor 582 ... setup seems very like the old thomson 585v8
Plugged the 585 into a laptop (off the network) and read the rules from thomson , type them into the techicolor ... all
seemed to work OK, tried using the connections today from outside , all worked fine ... even some gaming setup for my son.
Did need to add the usual static route by telnet-ing into the box but again this was the same as the thomson.
so all in all , it looks and feels exactly like the old thomson  ... except the wireless N might just be working ... hurra
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@Terry1977
Try http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/technicolor-582n-faqs.shtml#advanced
Don't know if there is anything further there that may help.