cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor speeds since outage oin 1st June

gwillym
Grafter

Poor speeds since outage oin 1st June

up until Saturday I've had a rock solid connection giving me between 49 & 53 Mbps. Since Saturday's outage this is now more like 33-37. Suggestions as to why? and correct sequence to see if I can get any more?

Latest BTW test shows:-
Up 13
down 35
IpProfile 56.72
6 REPLIES 6
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Poor speeds since outage oin 1st June

Hi there,
I've checked over your connection and can't see that your sync speed has changed. Are you currently connecting with a wired or wireless connection?
gwillym
Grafter

Wireless, as always, but nothing has changed at this end - all the kit is still in the same places that it usually is.
Might a bit of gateway hopping help, or should I power off the BT modem as well?
Muttley62
Grafter

My download is OK but my upload has dropped to 5Mbps from about 6 ish
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Would you be able to try a PPPoE connection? Your sync rate is still in the 50Mb/s area.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: gwillym
Might a bit of gateway hopping help, or should I power off the BT modem as well?

A gateway hop wouldn't hurt, should be no need to power off the BT modem, just run another BTW diagnostic after the gateway hop to ensure your BT IP Profile is still the same (if so then your sync is still OK).
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
gwillym
Grafter

All back to normal this morning - weird!