Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor speeds and getting worse

peterb99
Grafter

Poor speeds and getting worse

Hi all,
When I signed up with plusnet I was told I would get 53.9meg download and 15.7meg upload +/- 1meg
However, when installed I only got 37meg download and 7 meg upload.  Slowly over the last couple of months its got worse and now I get 33 download and a paltry 4.96meg upload. This is less than a third of the upload speed and 20meg less than the download speed I should get.
Its very annoying and I do feel a bit cheated - I could appreciate if it was a little bit slower but not such a lot.
I connect via a direct network cable and I have tried bypassing the router and going straight to my PC with a PPPoE connection but the speed is the same.
I've run the BT test and this shows 33.87 max acheviable for download and 20 meg max achievable for upload.
3 REPLIES
Fixes: 70

Re: Poor speeds and getting worse

A DC Team member could check you are provisioned on the correct product tomorrow.

Customer and Forum Moderator.

To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Br0wn
Dabbler

sounds like they might be traffic shaping you peter.
Plusnet Alumni (retired) chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi peterb99,
I've checked over your connection and your line is provisioned on the 80/20 product. I can see that you sync speeds are currently below your estimate.
I'd suggest raising a fault via http://faults.plus.net so we can investigate this.
If you need any assistance with this please let me know.