Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor speeds and getting worse

peterb99
Grafter

Poor speeds and getting worse

Hi all,
When I signed up with plusnet I was told I would get 53.9meg download and 15.7meg upload +/- 1meg
However, when installed I only got 37meg download and 7 meg upload.  Slowly over the last couple of months its got worse and now I get 33 download and a paltry 4.96meg upload. This is less than a third of the upload speed and 20meg less than the download speed I should get.
Its very annoying and I do feel a bit cheated - I could appreciate if it was a little bit slower but not such a lot.
I connect via a direct network cable and I have tried bypassing the router and going straight to my PC with a PPPoE connection but the speed is the same.
I've run the BT test and this shows 33.87 max acheviable for download and 20 meg max achievable for upload.
3 REPLIES 3
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: Poor speeds and getting worse

A DC Team member could check you are provisioned on the correct product tomorrow.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Br0wn
Dabbler

sounds like they might be traffic shaping you peter.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi peterb99,
I've checked over your connection and your line is provisioned on the 80/20 product. I can see that you sync speeds are currently below your estimate.
I'd suggest raising a fault via http://faults.plus.net so we can investigate this.
If you need any assistance with this please let me know.