Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor speeds and cut outs

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 51

Re: Poor speeds and cut outs

@slinkywonka10 

I don't use a mobile for web browsing but from posts on the Forum I believe you have to change the display to something like Website or Windows to get the options. Hopefully somebody who knows the answer will respond.

If you're on a SOGEA connection you no longer have a landline to run tests. These must be done using your network identifier - I believe this is called the BBIU. To obtain this you need to ask a staff member to send it to you. Once obtained, make a note of it in case it's needed in the future.

Brian

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 259

@slinkywonka10 Which mobile are you using? To follow from what @bmc says above, you need to select 'Desktop View' in the settings on the browser.

John
S_mech_T

It sounds like you're experiencing some frustrating issues with your fiber connection. Here are some steps 

1. Check connections and restart router.
  2. Avoid signal interference.
  3. Update router firmware.
  4. Contact ISP for assistance.
  5. Consider wired connection.
  6. Monitor internet speeds.
  7. Note outages for ISP.
  8. Explore alternative ISPs.

jab1
Legend

Very useful @S_mech_T  - but I think we have covered all those points.

John
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jab1  - I doubt whether @S_mech_T  is or has ever been a Plusnet customer, as they are clearly unaware that some of those generic suggestions aren't things that Plusnet customers can do. Not a typical post for an newly registered forum member - probably a troll ?

jab1
Legend

@Anonymous I think @S_mech_T is a troll - i forgot to include a relevant 'smiley'. 😉

John
S_mech_T

hi @Anonymous  and @jab1 I'm not a troll or Plusnet customer. I only have good knowledge of that niche and just I want to help and share my experience that's it.

jab1
Legend

You clearly don't have sufficient knowledge, otherwise you would not have posted some of what you did.

John