cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor speed but no support

justin
Dabbler

Poor speed but no support

Can anyone advise me why the plusnet support has become so poor. I'm having major speed problems (yes, I have been through all the advise etc) and when I posted a support ticket on line got no responce. I then phoned and a new support ticket was raised over the phone. But now when I want an update and post a question online they do nothing. No responce whatsoever. This is very frustrating and is now so bad that I have asked for my mac code. I don't actually want to leave plusnet but what do I do when they will not deal with the support tickets and resonable requests. They are now making it impossible for me to stay. Have they now got a policy of getting rid of customers by ******* them off Huh
Am I the only one suffering this? Whats going on?
9 REPLIES 9
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Poor speed but no support

where did you post it on line?, your last post on this forum was in 2008.
If you past here what your problem is you will get a lot of help
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

on-line as in ticket system (Help and Support)  Roll_eyes
justin
Dabbler

Absolutely Oldjim...... except there seems to be very little 'Help & Support'.
Sadely it seems plusnet are giving me very little choice but to use my mac code.....and after all these years of telling people how good they are.
Seems very sad really !
justin
Dabbler

Well - Still no update to the support ticket. Do these clowns actually do anything. It says on the home page 24/7 support. They are not supporting me !
I have recieved my mac code though and at this rate I may be using it. I'm thinking of O2. Anyone any thoughts about them. And does anyone know how long your plusnet email address stays active after you have migrated. I'm thinking of putting a divert on it if i'm forced to leave.
Very sad after all these years to be treated like this when these guys used to be so good.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If your exchange has O2/Be LLU its a reasonable choice.
If it's O2 Access (over BT) don't touch it with a barge pole.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Teflonmike1
Dabbler

Quote from: justin
Well - Still no update to the support ticket. Do these clowns actually do anything. It says on the home page 24/7 support. They are not supporting me !
I have recieved my mac code though and at this rate I may be using it. I'm thinking of O2. Anyone any thoughts about them. And does anyone know how long your plusnet email address stays active after you have migrated. I'm thinking of putting a divert on it if i'm forced to leave.
Very sad after all these years to be treated like this when these guys used to be so good.

I was saying to Jelv  tonight I'm going back to 02 ...  much much better than these clowns.... 02  no d/l limit no throttling at peak times for premium customers no logging and 99p less per month ...  plus english based english speaking support .. 
justin
Dabbler

Can anyone tell me how long your plusnet email address stays active after you have migrated or is it cut off immediately. A note with the mac code says "After this we'll change your broadband account to a free dial-up service, so you can access My Account if you need to." which sort of suggests it does stay active. Any advise please ?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Check your mailboxes regularly and it's for as long as you want.
You won't be able to send mail via the PN servers however unless you connect using a dial up modem.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi justin,
If the account's being downgraded to a free dialup service you can keep the email indefinitely, as long as you log in at least once every three months.