cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor single thread speeds in the evening + A bit of packet loss on TBB graph

Zico
Grafter

Re: Poor single thread speeds in the evening + A bit of packet loss on TBB graph

Gateway ptw-ag02

Gateway pcl-ag05
OllyM
Grafter

Re: Poor single thread speeds in the evening + A bit of packet loss on TBB graph

My line is pretty terrible tonight, probably because of the packet loss.

Oh and the BTW speed tester has given me a poor result too:

I ran the TAP3 test with the speedtest@speedtest_domain login too which was equally poor so at least I can rule out Plusnet's network now, it's congestion in BT's network somewhere.
poo417
Dabbler

I am also getting packet loss at night times as well. I am in Dumfries. It started around 10 - 14 days ago. Until that point the service has been more or less perfect.  I have been noticing g increased ping times in games as well. Something weird is going on. I will try and get some of the tests run you guys have been using.
OllyM
Grafter

I just thought I'd update this...
Early on Friday morning my PPPoE session dropped briefly and ever since the congestion seems to have been fixed, so presumably BT have fixed the problem. Sunday evening is usually the worst of the week for packet loss and my TBB graph is clean, and speeds were fine.
Annoyingly I have an engineer visit booked for this afternoon which can't be cancelled - BT wanted this but it seems a total waste of time now!